Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Coronavirus: Masks and respirators discussion
  • 163 Replies sorted by
  • @kurth

It is simple way - do not buy unknown brands, do not buy 3m one time use respirators (white ones) as Chinese love to fake them.

Focus on any domestic and less known brands, so you can be sure 100%.

• Statistics proof on why you need to use at least good respirator

• UK - medics are 0.5% from all deaths
    • Italy - medics are 0.5% from all deaths
    • Mordor - medics are 7.3% from all deaths

As here all medics are supplied with cheapest masks, all else you can get depends only on specific hospital or personal grey cell function.

• https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1559533-REG/gerimedix_13_188_disposable_3_ply_isolation_facemasks.html

@ Vitaliy Is this mask OK to buy? Any link to buy half face, full face or mask still working?

• My job supplied N95 masks readily before the virus. 3M, Gerson, and Sperian were the brands offered. 3M masks were the most comfortable and best fitting, but I suppose that they have the greatest risk of being counterfeited. I just saw that Sperian is a Honeywell brand We were given surgical masks and I use them now. I prefer them to N95 for comfort, but I don't know how well they stop virus transmission compared to N95

• @tinbeo

If you want such type of masks, most probably ok.

We were given surgical masks and I use them now. I prefer them to N95 for comfort, but I don't know how well they stop virus transmission compared to N95

You can't check both surgical masks or N95 ones if they have no leaks (usually in 99% cases they have).

Contrary to multi use 3M or similar half or full face masks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-6503QL-Rugged-Comfort-Quick-Latch-Half-Facepiece-Reusable-Respirator-Large/274357172453?hash=item3fe0f638e5%3Ag%3A9SIAAOSwahhehAD6&LH_BIN=1

As far as I know 6500QL series had been never faked by Chinese (and are best for real use).

Also note that size is important and you need to measure face before getting them.

• 99% of people wear masks incorrectly allowing air to pass thru the place of least resistance...which isn't thru the filter, but around it. As well studies point to only 1 or 2% of infections occur in open air.

• @kurth

Almost all masks and one time use respirators without silicon padding can't be sealed, no matter that you do.

Even ones with silicon don't seal for around 50-70% of people, it the reason why all half and full masks come in 3 sizes. Even even for half mask of proper size 10-20% do not seal properly due to specifics of your face.

• @Vitaliy that's why medical teams tape the edges. But the theory is , if they're close to sealing, then when you inhale, the added pressure causes them to seal better. If they're not even close, but open in places, then the air just passes at that point, the place of least resistance. And has anyone done a study on open air contagiousness, vs. emergency room or even corona ward ? You're probably 1/100,000th less likely to contract it walking down the street than working an er shift. The real foci of contagiousness is closed environments...work, family, transport.

• @kurth

But the theory is , if they're close to sealing, then when you inhale, the added pressure causes them to seal better. If they're not even close, but open in places, then the air just passes at that point, the place of least resistance.

Just watch 3M videos on masks sealing check.

• Sound Devices also make face shields :-(

http://www.sounddevices.com/ppe/

sa12996.jpg
    800 x 257 - 35K
  • @Vitaliy...I don't know about russia, but in mexico I stand more chance of someone giving me a Red camera on the street, than of finding a 3m respirator w/n100 filters ! Have you seen nurses taping off their n95 masks? They're meticulous.

• @kurth

It is no problem finding good multi use respirator, yes you will overpay for it a lot, but possible to find if you know where to look for.

• A new study and online simulation tool shows that America could end the lockdowns and beat the coronavirus in a matter of weeks if just 80% of people wore masks in public. Yes, it’s that simple: Wear a mask and you beat the virus.

Most of the anti-mask people fail to realize they are repeating CDC propaganda from February of this year, when the CDC claimed masks didn’t work, as a strategy to make sure government agencies and hospitals could hoard the mask supplies by preventing the public from realizing masks are effective.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-05-10-lockdowns-could-be-ended-now-wear-a-mask.html

Just note - if you wear cheap bad mask you still helping stop the virus, but your life can be part of this stopping process.

• 3 layer cheap mask production line

Note that now up to 50% of all cheap masks are 2 layers :-) Due to higher profits.

sa13046.jpg
    800 x 525 - 54K
  • DiY full face mask

sa13050.jpg
    445 x 598 - 43K
  • DiY full face mask

We will all become Darth Vader :)

• Mordor innovations in masks (free one to older people in one city, made by unknonw company)

sa13085.jpg
    521 x 645 - 71K
    sa13086.jpg
    520 x 640 - 72K
  • Amazfit designers made mask

Lot of trash ideas, from overall design (using very small size filters), bad design of lower mask part to using UV leds for desinfection of filters from inside :-)

Using such mount system also will lead either for too much pressure or leaks.

Remember - if you can't check leaks - never wear such thing.

sa13104.jpg
    711 x 384 - 19K
    sa13105.jpg
    703 x 413 - 26K
  • One more insane design

sa13116.jpg
    744 x 557 - 63K
    sa13117.jpg
    743 x 551 - 40K
  • US "archievements"

President DonaldTrump public-private partnership is "DELIVERING"

• Over 130 million N95 masks (most are without valve, so can last for 1 day top)
    • Half a billion surgical masks (very small amount, equal to 1-2 days of usage for each citizen of US)
    • Nearly 18 million face shields (what this shit is for?)
    • 12 billion gloves (same question, how many germs and fungal infections it produced?)

Really sad results.

• New preparations

China’s Communist Party is again seizing factory lines churning out the world’s supply of medical safety gear — sparking fears the country is preparing for a second wave of the coronavirus, American traders in China told The Post.

New Yorker Moshe Malamud, who has done business in China for over two decades, was moving tens of millions of pieces of protective gear to the U.S. at the height of the crisis but said suppliers in recent weeks had been overwhelmed with orders from the Chinese government.

“I was placing a larger order with one of the bigger distributors and he tells me, ‘I can complete this order but after this we’ve been contracted by the Chinese government to produce 250 million gowns,'” said Malamud.