Personal View site logo
Coronavirus: Masks and respirators discussion
  • 163 Replies sorted by
  • this has got to be a joke....or maybe it's nitrous oxide.

sa12706.jpg
    449 x 593 - 75K
  • @Vitaliy...a mask is only as effective as it is easy to use. I have an old paint respirator I've modified with inserting a modified n95 filter . It's uncomfortable and hot as shit and I'll never use it unless there's an emergency. To avoid any problems of contamination when removing a disposable, the over-the-head straps have to be modified for around the ear. You get home , grab one side to undo it, and hang it in the sun....simple and easy to use. And no need to touch the exterior. And I'm not working in a corona ward. Or is that you above hehe? That ...is really scary. ps...my original n95 is a molded with filter insert...but many times I've been too lazy to use it. The disposable solves this problem...and I'm not planning a trip to mars anytime soon.

• New Dearth Vader

sa12704.jpg
    572 x 566 - 68K
  • North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany’s most populous state and one of the hardest hit, paid €14.7 million for some 10 million masks in March only to discover they did not exist, according to prosecutors in Traunstein, Bavaria.

Chancellor Angela Merkel said Monday a lesson to be learnt from the pandemic was that Europe needed to develop self-sufficiency in the production of critical medical gear like masks.

“Regardless of the fact that this market is presently installed in Asia… we need a certain self-sufficiency, or at least a pillar of our own manufacturing” in Germany or elsewhere in the European Union, Merkel told reporters in Berlin.

And who closed and moved all production to China? Must be Santa...

• @kurth

Bad thing with such respirators as yours is open outer surface, as you get it off you can get nice doze of viruses :-)

This is why proper multi use respirators with closed filters are much better idea.

• ...just bought me a disposable 3m n95 9010. It completely seals around my face perfectly and it's really comfortable in comparison but will require delicate handling. Maybe last me a couple of months...maybe more if I'm real careful and don't sweat too much.

• @Vitaliy....somehow it just seems like we're gonna be wearing masks for years, if the alternative "solution" is discover a cure for all coronaviruses...cause I read that this virus was specifically designed to make it impossible to make a vaccine, and even the best estimates is one & 1/2 years away. @jleo ...that video is funny cause they look like they're making mars rovers instead of 80% masks...and if they weren't trying to protect the workers from a virus , they'd be in a damp basement using cheap sewing machines. I'm mean...it's like the technology focus is the opposite of how reality should be.

• @kurth

Nobody need to wear masks for years. Do not worry. All this panic and horror come just from citizen mindset that had been dumbled down to hell

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/9977/digitale-demenz-digital-dementia-/p1

Such extreme things are required to bring panic down, show that we can perfectly handle the issue, throw out existing cancer in the society and start looking for proper long term solution for ALL common viruses.

Note that common thing pushed by all mass media - let professionals handle the issue, delegate all responsibility to them. Ouch, they fucked up? Sorry, they can't be made responsible, they are heroes and so on.

People during WWII times did not think that solution will come from the clouds above, that you can buy anything printing money. And this is mindset of cancer like elite that it spreads despite it is against each and every working class. person interests.

For now it is around 10x more pros working for DNA specific cancer treatments for elite than all flu/coronavirus like researchers.

• @Vitaliy...these might be, but the concept to just filter the nose is ideal. I'd make it an almost weightless single silicone unit that offers a secondary seal around the top, sides and base of the nose, maybe applied with some type of skin cream/i.e. sealant, along with the septum clip to prevent it from moving. Nobody is going to wear full nose and mouth masks for years. And truthfully that's what we are probably facing.

• Cuomo ordered any hospitals with ventilators and PPE not in use, to turn them over to the National Guard to be distributed to hospitals in dire need. For the past two days, Cuomo has warned that the supply of ventilators is dangerously low in many hospitals.

Mixing ventilators and masks is little strange.

As you can make hundreds of thousands of masks instead of one ventilator, plus 85-98% of people you put on vilntilators die (according to doctor reports).

Second point of fight is prevent so severe lungs damage at all costs (as once it is done it is very inefficient to fight), and prevent any contamination with virus at all.

• @kurth

the future.... https://nasofilters.com/n95-mask/ and these were on amazon and disappeared.... bearhoho

This is scam or similar.

Just look for proper proven solution with large filter area.