Personal View site logo
Sub $100 follow focus
  • 44 Replies sorted by
  • I don't see any reply or review.
    Weird :-)
  • Has anyone gotten theirs in yet?
  • Is there any more FF left at this price?
  • "VK has discussed hacking a new setting for remote focus control by patching audio through the mic in to control the focus distance. (Not working yet)"

I can't find the discussion? I'm very interested.
  • Just click on my name on any post.
  • I followed the link to message about buying but i kept asking to signing.
  • I ordered one. Im curious if the hole in the side is industry standard, so one can attach the prolongation for focus assistant! :)
  • @Blackout yes and no. It would work but as the 14-140 and 20mm pancake are not 'direct' focus rings (they are controlled by software in the camera) the Follow Focus may not be as 'responsive' as you would like.

VK has discussed hacking a new setting for remote focus control by patching audio through the mic in to control the focus distance. (Not working yet)

Also non-direct focus rings on lenses tend to be exponential (ie: they focus +- quicker if you turn the gear faster).

That said- for using this gear you can easily pick up a few used Nikon prime lenses - very inexpensive on ebay ($50-$500) and have direct focus.
  • would this work on the 14-140 kit lens and 20mm pancake?
  • but it is tempting ;)
  • oh the gambles we take to save a few $. I was burned by the "new, improved W96 LEDs" a little while back, buying before the reviews came in and we found out the weren't so improved :) i think i should learn a lesson.
  • Btw, not much items left.
    So if you intend to wait, such price won't be kept out of this initial batch.
  • @vitaliy

ah yes, am sorry, I didn't spot the 'initial batch' comment.
  • >How does this compare to the DFocus, sir Kiselev?

DFocus had been fine FF. Some time ago.
    Now other FF units exist that are cheaper and better.

@jules

As you can see, this is first batch.
    I do not see any reason no to believe this seller in his claims that play is less than RJ FF.
    Plus it is more adjustable, more easy to install/remove and also lighter.
  • yes, am interested, but has anyone used/tested this FF? does it compare favorably to the much talked about jinfinance/alibaba version that's $140ish?
  • How does this compare to the DFocus, sir Kiselev?
  • @Fulgura
    For $99 you I hardly think that they will be including 15mm rails in the deal!
  • >No rails?

What this mean? :-)