Personal View site logo
Sub $100 follow focus
  • Yep, sub hunder dollars follow focus.

* Heigh adjustable.
    * Fast to install and remove.
    * With removable marking ring.
    * And you can also put gear on other side.
    * Seller promised what play is very low.
    * One adjustable lens gear included for free (shown on pictures below)

---------------------

Available at:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=quick+release+clamp+DSLR+Follow+Focus+&_sacat=0&_odkw=follow+focus&gbr=1&_fcid=1&_osacat=0&_clu=2&_armrs=1&_ssn=jinfinance

• 44 Replies sorted by
  • >No rails?

What this mean? :-)
  • @Fulgura
    For $99 you I hardly think that they will be including 15mm rails in the deal!
  • How does this compare to the DFocus, sir Kiselev?
  • yes, am interested, but has anyone used/tested this FF? does it compare favorably to the much talked about jinfinance/alibaba version that's $140ish?
  • >How does this compare to the DFocus, sir Kiselev?

DFocus had been fine FF. Some time ago.
    Now other FF units exist that are cheaper and better.

@jules

As you can see, this is first batch.
    I do not see any reason no to believe this seller in his claims that play is less than RJ FF.
    Plus it is more adjustable, more easy to install/remove and also lighter.
  • @vitaliy

ah yes, am sorry, I didn't spot the 'initial batch' comment.
  • Btw, not much items left.
    So if you intend to wait, such price won't be kept out of this initial batch.
  • oh the gambles we take to save a few $. I was burned by the "new, improved W96 LEDs" a little while back, buying before the reviews came in and we found out the weren't so improved :) i think i should learn a lesson.
  • but it is tempting ;)
  • would this work on the 14-140 kit lens and 20mm pancake?
  • @Blackout yes and no. It would work but as the 14-140 and 20mm pancake are not 'direct' focus rings (they are controlled by software in the camera) the Follow Focus may not be as 'responsive' as you would like.

VK has discussed hacking a new setting for remote focus control by patching audio through the mic in to control the focus distance. (Not working yet)

Also non-direct focus rings on lenses tend to be exponential (ie: they focus +- quicker if you turn the gear faster).

That said- for using this gear you can easily pick up a few used Nikon prime lenses - very inexpensive on ebay ($50-$500) and have direct focus.
  • I ordered one. Im curious if the hole in the side is industry standard, so one can attach the prolongation for focus assistant! :)
  • I followed the link to message about buying but i kept asking to signing.
  • Just click on my name on any post.
  • "VK has discussed hacking a new setting for remote focus control by patching audio through the mic in to control the focus distance. (Not working yet)"

I can't find the discussion? I'm very interested.
  • Is there any more FF left at this price?
  • Has anyone gotten theirs in yet?
  • I don't see any reply or review.
    Weird :-)
  • On the rails front I ordered some 15mm rail end stoppers - thought I ordered 8 - got 250 if anyone wants any lol They're slightly rounded end stops - keeps the muck out! If you in the UK I'll post em on and you can pass the parcel around :) don't fancy posting out 20000 small packets - the posty will think Im 15mm rod end dealing hehe
  • @soundgh2

Do you have photo of this small stoppers?
  • mine is stuck in customs in germany since 12/03, according to tracking site. now that is disgusting.
  • Sorry that I couldn't imagine the qulity of the follow focus. So cheap. I always insist that what you get is what you pay.

• Sorry that I couldn't imagine the qulity of the follow focus. So cheap. I always insist that what you get is what you pay.

I really don't get that you mean here.
    What it is not best follow focus? Yep it is not best. But it went quite far from various DFocus and similar DIY like things that had been hot even year ago.

I always insist that what you get is what you pay.

This is quite stupid saying.