Personal View site logo
GH5 Panasonic camera, from anticipation to love or hate
  • 2083 Replies sorted by
  • Gh5 + Nocticron + Kowa 16H

• Beautiful, @Grimor! I love Malaga.

• I rarely use Autofocus on GH5 since it is really weak and for fictional or commercial shooting I always prefer manual focus as soon as I am directing what is going on in front of the camera. However, sometime, for more documentary style or journalistic type of job, I would love to get a more efficient AF on that camera Here, due to the dangerous situation, being in middle of projectile, I was wearing an helmet, gas mask, gloves and goggles and MF was a no go due to my weak vision through the mist in my goggles. For once, the GH5 did quit well with the 12-35 mm f/2.8

• Another straight out of GH5 video shot in documentary style. Once, I am shooting the ground for few second as I had to adjust my goggles and mask to protect myself against tear gas.

• @eurocameraman Have you appled the most recent updates to your camera and lens - the autofocus now seems to work pretty well IMHO.

• @eurocameraman your footage shows a very confusing political situation. In the UK it is the far right that have adopted the yellow jacket. Your footage is remininscent of old left wing protests but I only see French national flags and white faces.

• @3550D, and a man on a gyro wheel with a cigaret in mouth ^^ Fourth dimension ^^

• Always like this video:

And the other day watching this Behind the Scenes , it seens to be shooted with Gh5.
    Don't know russian, but would be interesting to know more about lenses and colour workflow.

• @Grimor

Mine god.

They can shoot same on even Canon SL2, no one will notice. At least me, as I can't notice this in 1 second I can bear this.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev wait to see the "romantic edition". It's 80's hilarious dream!!!

• @Grimor

They try hard, but they are so 3rd rate.

• No, No and No!! No one music video with Godzilla as main character could be 3rd rate

• Using the new L. Monochrome D picture profile:

• @eurocameraman I commented recently on your footage of a demo in Paris. For comparison here's some footage I shot on the demo in London last weekend against Brexit. Shot on a g7 with a cheap older 14-45 lumix lens. Works as a good B camera for my GH5 - and less of a financial loss had I lost/dropped it.

• Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 + Rode microphone for $1497

Kits are lately only way to avoid getting penalty for lowering price :-)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1388847-REG/panasonic_lumix_dc_gh5_mirrorless_micro.html

• When I bought my GH5 in January, it basically came with a free 12-60 kit zoom lens, plus had £200 cashback and also a £150 reduction on the base selling price. Bit of a bargain I thought!

• Anybody have an opinion on 4:3 4K 10 bit 4:2:2 vs 4:3 6K 10 bit 4:2:0? I shot a short film in 6K not realizing the 10 bit was 4:2:0 instead of 4:2:2. Ultimately NO ONE else will notice, and I figure the extra actual resolution downscaled will more than make up for the lost color information. I did side by side tests and really couldn't tell the difference hardly at all even when I pushed the image really (unrealistically) hard. I think the 10bit color makes more difference than the color sampling (and again, extra resolution probably makes up for it).

But I'm just curious to hear if anyone else has thoughts on this.

Also, can I just say that shooting in 6K 4:3 for a 2.35:1 short film is just a crazy Godsend. Vertical reframing and camera movements just adds incredible flexibility. Also able to punch in (4K is the ultimate resolution destination) or do limited zooms. Just adds to the creative options. And the GH5 image is just incredible... and the Dual IS... Damn I love this camera!

• I think that the 6K h265 is the best mode the GH5 has and have been saying that for quite some time. I always shoot 6K in 3:2 so it uses the full width of the sensor to zoom around and stabilize in.

Cheers, Pete