• Maximum Payload: 3.5kg
    • Pro-Grade Image Stabilization
    • OLED Display
    • Camera Control via Handgrip Buttons
    • 6000mAh Battery Runs up to 18 Hours
    • Power Select Sony Cameras via Gimbal
    • Quick Release Camera Plate
    • Gradual Power-Down Protects Camera

New level of confusing names new Crane-2 will easily get confused with V2. No info yet on BH anyone got details? Interesting new dials.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1359107-REG/zhiyun_tech_crane_2_3_axis_handheld_stabilizer.html

Integrated with an unprecedented follow focus wheel on the body, Crane 2 allows ±0.02° precision real time focus control through camera cable connection, so that you can always keep your subject in focus while moving, setting free your camera for more dedicated task.

Empowered by the 6th Gen. Instune Algorithm System which realizes 50% increase in motor torque and 20% improvement in noise reduction, the Crane 2 sets up a new benchmark for the industry supporting a max. payload of 3.2kg, mountable by all models of DSLR and mirrorless camera on the market.

Integrated with the pioneering 32-bit x 3 high-speed MCU parallel control technology which realizes 100% improvement in respond speed, CRANE 2 gets high above the industry standard with its cutting-edge attitude compensation system and unparalleled anti-shaking stabilizing performance.

The intuitive interface design help you easily identify the connection status, battery level, control mode and multiple camera params, giving you full control over every detail.

Three high energy efficiency 18650 rechargeable batteries give the Crane 2 maximum runtime of 18 hours with 6000mAh capacity. Meanwhile, the Crane 2 allows convenient real-time charging to the camera even when your camera is without batteries.

The quick control dial on the control panel is like an integrated extension of your camera. You can either press or rotate the dial to make various camera parameter settings such as TV, AV, ISO and EV, giving you seamless camera control independently from any software applications.

Product Net Weight 1250g/Unit

• 31 Replies sorted by
  • They haven't released more detailed info - but already confirmed that the big wheel is a follow focus.

Probably controlled by USB and only with electronic lenses and some manufacturers / models. Could be a good idea.

• @MarcioK

Just location and construction are not so good.

• BHPhoto has posted more info. Follow Focus confirmed but no reference to camera support. Seeing as there are no electronic follow focus available for Panasonic my educated guess would be there won't be support for Panasonic. Was getting ready to buy the old crane would be good to know if it would be worth the wait. Should be great for Canon users.

• Looks like that they confirmed that only Canon is supported in some interview, as expected.

• @MarcioK

• Sony Camera Control/Charging Cable 1
    • Panasonic Camera Control Cable 1

Seems like Sony and Panasonic cameras works.

Info at http://www.zhiyun-tech.com/crane_2_en/

• Hope I'm wrong but I doubt follow focus will work probably just start and stop as before. If it was possible you would think someone would have come out with a follow focus for electronic lenses. Considering the video centric nature of Panasonic cameras it always seemed an odd short coming. It would seem a natural and sell more glass for Panasonic.

• @Scot

Well, why not?

JTZ seems to allow only AF toggle, but power zooms work ok. And I am sure they will make focusing work. We have here on PV topics about control of Panasonic cameras.

• I keep thining USB follow focus might be possible on the GH5 once tethering support arrives with firmware 2 as this is how they access focus on many other brands. We don't know its limitations yet though.

• Looks like just Canon for now with the follow focus. I won't hold my breath on Panasonic.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev I don't know why not but Canon has had this capability a long time. Guess someone with connections needs to ask Panasonic.

• Does it have the same issues like cannot be folded when balanced or base plate hit pan motor in some angles?

• What is the present situation with Follow Focus and GH5? Is it working with new GH5 firmware? If not, is there any hope in near future to get it fixed?

• Any improvement about the motion timelapse function??

• Crane 2 Accessories

• Most reliable gimbal, and very good price.

• New Crane 2S

• Works with Panasonic S1H or Canon EOS 1DX Mark III
    • FlexMount system with double safety mechanism
    • QR plate allows to switch from portrait to landscape
    • 0.96" oled screen
    • Three removable Li-ion batteries
    • Up to 12 hours of operation
    • Will be available in September
    • 659 €

sa14178.jpg
    800 x 448 - 45K