Personal View site logo
Xiaomi QiCycle - affordable electric bike
    • Folding electric bike with nexus gearing.
    • 250W 36V electric motor with Torque Measurement Method
    • Around 13,5kg
    • $455 price in China

• 35 Replies sorted by
  • My Engwe came in.. I haven't fully assembled it however. There are paint scratches from the front fork spacer because a threaded rod came off of during shipment and jostled around. I'm not too bothered but it is a disappointment. The folded size is still quite large although I saw it before buying. That, along with the possibility of the hinge point failing down the line makes me somewhat regretful for going with this design, but the folding does allow it to fit in my car so it has benefit. I like the styling and should enjoy the fat tires with the relatively strong motor.. I'm concerned about theft, considering that I live in a scum-riddled part of country. There are D-bar locks that can withstand a fair amount of angle-grinder theft attacks, but they cost half the value of the bicycle. Multiple lock configs seem to be OK for most cases, but I'm still trying to figure out a home-storage solution

• @robertGL

Well, kind of. It is interesting beast, yes.

• Is this the ebike thread? I just purchased an engwe ep2 pro and await its delivery.. 720$ (via coupon code) from geekbuying.. I'm somewhat apprehensive about the purchase because it is heavy and bulky and I don't like the small potential for a battery fire, but I couldn't resist. As normal for my obsessive personality, I also seek a manual trifold bike a la brompton

• I try download international version app with vpn. Updated. Now better feel. 25 km/h better than 20km/h thanks.

• @Aliyevf

I understand. May be try some proxy or VPN?

• I live in China

• @Aliyevf

Maybe update look for country where your phone is?

• MITKOO write that after 2 update the limit was gone

• @Aliyevf

Have no idea, I think it is also illegal and you can get big fine.

Such limits come as all such transport ride on sidewalks and it is just dangerous to go at big speed.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Hi Vitaly yes I know Chinese territories speed limit for motor bikes 20km/h but when I ride I feel not good. How can I get this firmware ?

• @Aliyevf

Chinese limit is 20km/h, for other territories they have firmware update via app, as I understand.

• @mitkoo Hello, I buy new one, the speed limit 20km/h, you can help me update speed limit?

• I removed it for ease whilst taking pictures. Not a big deal. Normaly rising to some extent is enough.

• @mitkoo

Do you really need to remove sit completely? I though it is enough to rise it.

• 1- remove the sit 2- fold the wheels 3- put sit back 4-fold the handlebar

uder a minute

• Here is my folding "movie"

f0.JPG
    800 x 600 - 402K
    f1.JPG
    800 x 600 - 402K
    f2.JPG
    800 x 600 - 412K
    f3.JPG
    800 x 600 - 401K
    f4.JPG
    800 x 600 - 401K
    f5.JPG
    800 x 600 - 391K
  • brake

p08_brake.jpg
    4976 x 2800 - 2M
  • gear

p07_gear.jpg
    4976 x 2800 - 2M
  • back light

p06_flash.jpg
    4976 x 2800 - 2M
  • brushless motor

p05_motor.jpg
    4976 x 2800 - 2M
  • front light

p04_light.jpg
    4976 x 2800 - 2M
  • 3 speeds

p03_gear.jpg
    4976 x 2800 - 2M
  • @mitkoo

Can you make video on how easy is to fold it completely and unfold? Including handlebars and all.

Also good idea is to limit photo size to 800px wide.

• it came with 22km/h speed limit, but after 2 updates limit was gone

p02_comp.jpg
    4976 x 2800 - 2M