Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Xiaomi QiCycle - affordable electric bike
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • @Aliyevf

Have no idea, I think it is also illegal and you can get big fine.

Such limits come as all such transport ride on sidewalks and it is just dangerous to go at big speed.

• MITKOO write that after 2 update the limit was gone

• @Aliyevf

Maybe update look for country where your phone is?

• I live in China

• @Aliyevf

I understand. May be try some proxy or VPN?

• I try download international version app with vpn. Updated. Now better feel. 25 km/h better than 20km/h thanks.

• Is this the ebike thread? I just purchased an engwe ep2 pro and await its delivery.. 720$ (via coupon code) from geekbuying.. I'm somewhat apprehensive about the purchase because it is heavy and bulky and I don't like the small potential for a battery fire, but I couldn't resist. As normal for my obsessive personality, I also seek a manual trifold bike a la brompton

• @robertGL

Well, kind of. It is interesting beast, yes.

• My Engwe came in.. I haven't fully assembled it however. There are paint scratches from the front fork spacer because a threaded rod came off of during shipment and jostled around. I'm not too bothered but it is a disappointment. The folded size is still quite large although I saw it before buying. That, along with the possibility of the hinge point failing down the line makes me somewhat regretful for going with this design, but the folding does allow it to fit in my car so it has benefit. I like the styling and should enjoy the fat tires with the relatively strong motor.. I'm concerned about theft, considering that I live in a scum-riddled part of country. There are D-bar locks that can withstand a fair amount of angle-grinder theft attacks, but they cost half the value of the bicycle. Multiple lock configs seem to be OK for most cases, but I'm still trying to figure out a home-storage solution