Personal View site logo
Panasonic GH5 camera, actual users feedback
  • 216 Replies sorted by
  • GH5 with an old SMC Pentax-M* 300mm F4 lens from the early 80's.

• @ReflexFilms I was not that steady since I was trying to move the camera in and out to get focus with the ultra shallow DOF. Here is a quick shot of a bee today.

• I think it must still be April 1st. Really funny! Keep it coming guys.

• @olegkalyan

2020 year.
    Panasonic on the brink of total collapse, Sony barely alive also. Worse even is that Trump has no other countries left to bomb except Japan.

Panasonic GH7 topic, new post appears:

olegkalyan
    Dynamic range is so-so, my NX1 is much better. AF is quite good, but, of course slower compared to Samsung NX1. And NX is also much better investment, as this month price already crossed Hasselblad levels.

• AF is quite good, a bit slow to my liking compared to Samsung NX1

• а quick test in a studio, all I can tell, quite easy to get a good color from Vlog.

• I've been having pretty good luck with the autofocus and particularly the auto iso with the 15mm & 42mm f/1.7's

Here's a little test.

password test123

The auto focus isn't perfect or anywhere near as good some cams, but with lots of light and the 15mm set to f/1.7 it will actually be quite usable for don juan steadicam type shots if you ask me.

Cheers, Pete

• Joe - was the ibis correctly set for 25mm in that shot - it was pretty wobbly!

• I would certainly like to see more comparisons between standard profiles and the vlog profile graded to truly show the extra dynamic range you can get from it.. not much yet

• The sun came out for a short time on a rainy day so I tested the IBIS with my Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95@F2.8 & 5.9" close focus in 4K 60p.

• I definitely see more dynamic range in v-log from my tests. But colour is just very good across the board on GH5 so V-Log doesn't seem to offer any colour benefits.

• Yeah....still seems like a lot of hassle,...expose by an extra 4 stops in post and add two luts....or shoot in standard for same result...

I await some more professional video comparisons where I really see the two stops difference that vlog-l provides...I am not saying It is not there, but with my limited skills I am yet to see a major visual difference..

• Looks somewhat similar to the Film Convert one - just a bit less saturated.

• And here it is with the balanced lut ontop of the base LUT

• Here we go again..today trying out Leeming Ones LUT

• Has anyone noticed that when using the normal half shutter button press to set autofocus it appears to be much less reliable / slower when the mode dial is set to video?

I don't actually use autofocus in video but I quite often use the autofocus to set focus before recording.

I'm using single area focus on both video and photo modes.

• Film convert one is nicer - still reckon a tiny colour correct away from Magenta globally would make it nicer.

• @lmackreath

It looks better on standard profile. :)

• Ok quick try with filmconverts new GH5 profile

• @nobbystylus yeah I agree...didnt really notice it until I looked and compared the footage...can really see a magenta shift in all the footage from that LUT!

Oh well...I will go off and keep playing!...

• Imackreath - I think the skin tones looked nicer with your previous version. Millers LUT makes faces (and everything) go quite purple - this is something I've found when using GH4 LUTs on GH5 footage.

• My Edinburgh Vlog-L footage again! This time with James Millers Vlog-L-Rec709 LUT

• @v10tdi

You can make one.

• Is there an issues thread, yet?