Personal View site logo
Personal View 2017 LAING Video Contest
  • 44 Replies sorted by
  • @chef

Video must be between 2 and 10 minutes in length

• 1st entry recorded last night.... GH4 anamorphic 2x nikon 50mm 1.8..... Is only in 480p cause my mac blew out the motherboard it takes 2 days to export in 4K....

• Here is one of mine from almost exactly 3 months ago. I have another video currently in the works for this band that is more elaborate, but it just isn't quite finished yet. Shot on a few of my favorite things: Samsung NX1, DJI Ronin-M, Kowa 16-H. Prime lens was a Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.4 pancake.

• My participation to the contest with a video-dedication to Sixto Diaz RODRIGUEZ:

Sony A7S & A7R2, Iscorama pre-36 & 42 anamorphics.

• And my second entry.

• Here's my first entry, we're a crew of 3 people, we use one or two GH4's with Ninja Assassin (main recorder) or Video Assist (second camera when used)

• And here is my second entry:

This video makes you experience a day at Photokina 2016 in a creative and enjoyable way (I hope!).
    Equipment used:
    Panasonic GH2 (Sanity X hack) with 14-140mm, 35-100mm f/2.8, 25mm f/1.4
    Microsoft Lumia 950
    Joby GorillaPod Hybrid

• Hi everyone, here is my first entry:

Nature video filmed in Aspromonte, a mountainous region in Calabria (southern Italy), to promote hiking tours in the area.
    Aspromonte is little known but offers stunning, wild and untouched natural scenery.
    Equipment used: Panasonic GH2 with Sanity X hack (14-140mm, 100-300mm, Close-up lens), Variable ND filter, Benro Aero 2 tripod and Konova K2 slider.

• Here a short contest video where we take a trip with a classic car on the streets of Havanna/Cuba.

• Thank you so much belfryman, so kind, this was my only video since my GH2 die on me, hopefully I can buy another camera in the future.

• personal-view laing contest

Two magnificent catalpa trees are the first thing that I see when I walk out the front door of my home. They stand like sentinels that frame my views as I sit on my porch--often with my camera.

I shot images of the trees throughout the year, and edited them to a soundtrack that includes sounds from the natural world, including the internal sound of a tree, solo guitar and piano. The Catalpa's historical significance is presented through the use of archival materials.

• Hi All, and Thanks Vitaly for this contest, here is my video, call "Love" shot in my GH2 Camera using the Quantum X (v3 Rocket) hope to see more videos for this contest, and Thanks for all the work you do Vitaly

• @Monosapiens

Thanks for first entry.

• Thank you Vitaliy for this contest!

I would like to submit "A call for a monster".

It's a little video which will be used for promotion for an upcoming album I'm currently producing.

I'm more experienced in audio and music production, but I enjoy doing video a lot.

Gear: The cam is a Panasonic G6 - Metabones Speedbooster - Sigma 18-35 f1.8 Three man video team - i was the camera operator.

The audio (songs) isn't finished yet, because of another project (short film/music video for the same artist but with a lot more people involved which will be released next friday)- so this is with songs in progress. But otherwise I wouldn't be able to participate. And I could make use of this totally awesome price!

I'd be glad to get some feedback from you guys. BR Arno

• Guys, where is your entries?

The more cameras around - the less contest participants.

I even remember one so called professional two year ago declared that videos must not have a story or any other restrictions are also prohobitive. And here we are - no restrictions.

• Very cool. Good contest - very cool prize.