Personal View site logo
FCPX gone mad
  • FCPX has been crashing the last few days - ever since I decided to get safe and buy raid storage and back up properly and all that. Now it has got really arsey, I can't reopen it, it gets stuck on restoring windows, I don't know if the fact that i updated (stupid) a couple of days to OSierra has anything to do with it. I've trashed the 3 preference files and dumped FCPX and reinstalled twice and I still get the same thing, any thoughts gratefully received.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Ah, more fool me, just tried shutting down my libraries drive and opening a library I backed up on the RAID drive and it was fine, so guess I have got a corrupted library, which is a bit sad as all my shit is on there!

• Yes, I'm talking to myself but it seems it just doesn't like the drive where i'm storing libraries any more, a library wouldn't open on the drive, copied it across to RAID drive and it opened fine. Mmmm. My theory that having libraries on a separate drive to RAID drive and footage on RAID drive is evidently bollocks.

• Ah no, the library is fucked. Anyone know how to unfuck a library?

• Ah no, the library is fucked. Anyone know how to unfuck a library?

You can't unfuck the library, keep calm, prepare for babies.

• BackUps for Final Cut Pro (App store) is a life saver. It happened once with a corrupt flexolibrary but since then I run a Backup before and after every important step

having libraries on a separate drive to RAID drive and footage on RAID drive is evidently bollocks.

no. It's pretty common standard to have the library on the computer and the footage on a RAID.

• In Final Cut Pro X go to File, Open Library, From Back-Up...

If that doesn't work or you can't even get that far then with FCPX closed, open Finder and go to ~/Movies/Final Cut Backups/

Here you will find every library backup FCPX has made.

• Well thank you, that's good news @peaceonearth re set up, @dial yes had tried the back ups thank you, they all did the same. @vitaliy I can already hear the flutter of tiny novellas.