Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
FCPX gone mad
  • FCPX has been crashing the last few days - ever since I decided to get safe and buy raid storage and back up properly and all that. Now it has got really arsey, I can't reopen it, it gets stuck on restoring windows, I don't know if the fact that i updated (stupid) a couple of days to OSierra has anything to do with it. I've trashed the 3 preference files and dumped FCPX and reinstalled twice and I still get the same thing, any thoughts gratefully received.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 13.07.05.png
    1514 x 796 - 127K
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • Ah, more fool me, just tried shutting down my libraries drive and opening a library I backed up on the RAID drive and it was fine, so guess I have got a corrupted library, which is a bit sad as all my shit is on there!

• Yes, I'm talking to myself but it seems it just doesn't like the drive where i'm storing libraries any more, a library wouldn't open on the drive, copied it across to RAID drive and it opened fine. Mmmm. My theory that having libraries on a separate drive to RAID drive and footage on RAID drive is evidently bollocks.

• Ah no, the library is fucked. Anyone know how to unfuck a library?

• Ah no, the library is fucked. Anyone know how to unfuck a library?

You can't unfuck the library, keep calm, prepare for babies.

• BackUps for Final Cut Pro (App store) is a life saver. It happened once with a corrupt flexolibrary but since then I run a Backup before and after every important step

having libraries on a separate drive to RAID drive and footage on RAID drive is evidently bollocks.

no. It's pretty common standard to have the library on the computer and the footage on a RAID.

• In Final Cut Pro X go to File, Open Library, From Back-Up...

If that doesn't work or you can't even get that far then with FCPX closed, open Finder and go to ~/Movies/Final Cut Backups/

Here you will find every library backup FCPX has made.

• Well thank you, that's good news @peaceonearth re set up, @dial yes had tried the back ups thank you, they all did the same. @vitaliy I can already hear the flutter of tiny novellas.