Personal View site logo
GH2 Bundle by Apefos, complete solution for GH2
  • 65 Replies sorted by
  • I do not know if there is something in the ini file which enable/disable the spanning feature, or if the spanning only works under a certain datarate...

There are other patches from other developers doing spanning ok, maybe they know what to do.

If somebody who knows what to do is willing to help it would be very welcome.

• The "intra_ms" version does not spanning. It records 4GB and stops. 24H = 4m46s, HBR 30p = 7m46s, SH 720p60 = 8m14s (I did not test 24L but I think it will be around 6m31s)

The "stable" version does not spanning. It records 4GB and stops. 24H = 6m31s, 24L = 7m38s, HBR 30p = 9m16s, SH 720p60 = 10m22s

Tests done on tripod, with 14-42mm kit lens, OIS enabled, focus AFS, AWB, iso 160, exposure M, histogram on, idynamic off, iresolution off, film mode standard -2 -1 -2 -2, lcd open with display on, sun light, grass and walls in image.

Memory card: SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MBps. (I think 30MBps cards will be fine also).

There is no camera freeze (crash) or stop recording. The "stable" version can use all camera features in all recording modes, The "intra_ms" version can use all camera features in 24p, but in 720p it can use one or two features simultaneously (OIS, idynamic, iresolution, af, ae)

My patches are improved for image quality and stability, but not for spanning. I do not know what to do to make spanning to work.

• Hi apefos, thank you for the patches - I'm assuming the Intra patch won't be safe for long-time recordings/spanning and if I need that I'd be best sticking to the stable patch?

Thanks again!

• Hey Apefos, something new from your gh2 workshop.

I didn't know about it. I will try it! Thank you!

• Thanks brudney.

What i did in the dr grading was similar thing i did in cook pictute style for canon. One curve to lift shadows and lower highlights and another curve for recover contrast and remove milky look. The dificult thing is to find the curve design whic does it without hurt the 8bit image.

Before the curve, i used rgb color corrector because it recover the highlight information above 100 ire and bring it back reducing clipping. In gh2 there is information setting hg to 95. Sony cameras are more powerful on this and can set hg to 90. Lumetri scopes shows it.

I think future 10bit 4k cameras designed for premium 4k hdr will be powerfull on this, so i am avoiding camera upgrade now.

• Thank you Apefos for yet another patch! Regarding your presets - I tried them but honestly didn't notice anything magical. They are nice and handy but nothing a simple CC couldn't get. Thank you anyway!

• I would like to know if someone tried the rgbshc, rgbcc, rgbcc_1, rgbcc_2 dynamic range presets.

You can talk bad or good, no problem, I just would like to know your feelings comparing the gh2 image before/after the presets, also if you compared with gh4 vlog or g7 cinelike d.

Thanks.

Also another gift, I experimented the matrix from the stable version in the intra version and for my surprise it works better than the previous intra matrix, less pulsing horizontal lines in high iso, very filmic organic grain/noise, excelent choice for work without denoise in post, excelent for use ETC mode with c-mount lenses combining a less aliasing moire image with beautiful grain, or without ETC using Canon Fd lenses, perfect patch choice for a 1080p projector. (but if you like best noise reduction and less horizontal pulsing in high iso the STABLE version is the best)

intra_ms.zip
  • The files are in the first post for download, 6 zip files. The same files are in "The End NR4" topic, april 27 post.

The zip with files in the fourth post here are repeated, the same files are in the first post, so the fourth post can be deleted.

I would like to see some comparison without/with the bundle to perceive the benefits, mainly the dynamic range grading.

Thanks.

• @apefos Where are the files from the first post?

• Thank you apefos for your constant work :]

• After recording some video and using this bundle in computer I perceived that I do not need another camera. No need for slog, vlog, cinelike d or bettet low light sensor... the improvements from these things dont worth the money for me now. only thing would worth buy a new camera is 4k, but at this moment I do not need 4k... so "viva gh2", and I can wait technology mature more before buy camera.

• Thanks Apefos - I like the complete package idea.

• I'll definitely give a try ;-) . Thank you for your work!