Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
GH2 Bundle by Apefos, complete solution for GH2
  • 61 Replies sorted by
  • NeatVideo denoise presets and profiles for Extended Tele Conversion mode, 1080p and 720p:

denoise_720p_etc.zip
    1M
    denoise_1080p_etc_0160-0800.zip
    1M
    denoise_1080p_etc_1000-4000.zip
    1M
  • Hey @apefos, finally got around and I'll try NR4 stable today, thanks in advance for all the work that went in there.

• @MrZz waiting to read about your conclusions using The End NR4. Thanks.

• NeatVideo4 DeNoise Presets and Profiles for GH2 MJPEG 30p FullHD Recording Mode (Hacked)

mjpeg_30p_fhd.zip
    2M
  • NeatVideo4 DeNoise Presets and Profiles for GH2 MJPEG 30p FullHD Recording Mode (Hacked) iso 5000 and above up to 12800

denoise_mjpeg30p_hi.zip
  • GH2 TheEndNR4 MJPEG Iso 6400 NeatVideo No Grading:

• Panasonic GH2 30p

GH2 TheEndNR4 Stable Hack
    30p four methods compared
    No Grading

1 - SH 720p60 inside 30p timeline
    upscaled to FHD with GPUResize plugin (Kaiser + StairStep)
    Good results without significant aliasing using GPUresize
    less resolution compared to the other methods

2 - MJPEG 30p hacked to Full HD
    Great results without significant aliasing
    More resolution compared to SH
    A little less resolution compared to VMM 80%, 24p and HBR
    Can intercut pretty good with 720p60 upscaled when using SH for slow motion

3 - Variable Movie Mode (VMM) 80% conformed to 30p
    Excelent fine resolution
    same quality as 24p, 24H or 24L
    A little more aliasing compared to MJPEG
    No sound, need to use sound sync with external recording

4 - HBR 30p High Bit Rate
    Same resolution as VMM and 24p, 24H and 24L
    Same aliasing as VMM and 24p, 24H and 24L
    A little less details in shadow areas compared to VMM 80%, 24p and MJPEG
    Need to interpret as progressive before put in progressive timeline to avoid aliasing increase
    Some people say HBR is full of heavy and ugly aliasing, but after conform to progressive the problem is solved

• This settings bellow camera is freezing in hbr

theendnr4v2.zip
  • I did a try to increase the datarate of HBR but the câmera freeze in some situations. I compared the footage in 49mbps and 61mbps but both havê less details in shadow compared to 24p and mjpeg. It seems that the encoding does some kind of noise reduction in HBR because in ISO 2000 it does not show noise. The bad is less details, the good is a clean imagem. Só It does not worth the effort to increase the datarate because it does not change the look.

• @apefos i just bought my first camera and its the gh2 im trying your hack but i dont know how to install all the patches. can you help me with this? all i know is go to ptool then patch the v11 firmware but i dont know how to put the denoise patch combined with the "the end" patch

• @jhamiis you just need to go to this post http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/239147#Comment_239147 (GH2 Bundle 08-27-2017) and after download the patch load the setj in ptools