Personal View site logo
1000$ camera... what is the best choice (mainly for video)?
  • 61 Replies sorted by
  • If Sony introduces some firmware update to help the overheating and rolling shutter

Both are impossible to fix with firmware.

The overheating can be mitigated by replacing batteries with cool batteries every 20-30 minutes, or by using an external power pack.

You certainly made the tests? As sensor is clearly located on sensor board.

• If Sony introduces some firmware update to help the overheating and rolling shutter, Id say the a6300. The overheating can be mitigated by replacing batteries with cool batteries every 20-30 minutes, or by using an external power pack. Kind of silly, but it is what it is.

• I would hesitate to invest further in native mount lenses for the NX system,

What is wrong with it?

No need to buy many, but most Samsung lenses are superior and cheaper than Sony.

If you look at camera as work tool it does not matter that Samsung is doing.

Cameras progress is slowing down very fast.

Very soon we will be like Intel processors, with 3-4% improvements a year and change each 8 years due to some broken things.

• I would hesitate to invest further in native mount lenses for the NX system, but if you have a Nikon F mount lens collection then the Samsung NX1 is a fantastic choice!

Otherwise if you want to be going native, this is how I see Sony vs Panasonic:

Yeah Sony has better specs sometimes than Panasonic, but Panasonic cameras are priced cheaper and better polished (such as no overheating issues, better laid out menus, etc).

And both Sony and Panasonic are clear ahead of the competition. (except Samsung, who have something exceptional with the NX1, but it sadly got mostly ignored)

The competition being: Nikon / Canon / Pentax / FujiFilm / etc

• There's a hack coming for the nx1?

Some guys do some attempts, for now it is just some commands and scripts, not binary hacks.

@lumixmaxgh3

I changed link, mine have collection of info I obtained for some time and also link guys you referenced in your post.

• There's a hack coming for the nx1?

• therefore, unlikely there will be a NX2?

No one knows.

Samsung is like young girl - "No! I mean... No! ... or... I mean Yes! Yes! Yes!"

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev therefore, unlikely there will be a NX2?

• Samsung without doubts. If you talk as being only camera you have and good affordable lenses.

Just note that it is phased out fast now.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters