Personal View site logo
Feelworld monitors
  • 101 Replies sorted by
  • It is new products, so hard to say, as no one saw it.

We have this factory among our partners.

• Just to give a heads up on the Monitor: I live in PAL country. My Monitor is complete refusing to work with the GH2 in PAL setting. It works very well with GH2 set to NTSC. This does not matter as long as I am shooting 24p. Be careful pressing the 4:3/16:9 button as screen goes dark and stays like that. I had to connect my Raspberry Pi to reset it by using the menu... And a very good Power Modification: If you remove the battery holder, you find 2 cables attached to the back. you can fit a custom cable to a RC battery and mount the battery to your tripod instead of attaching it to the monitor. Smooth!

• Just got my cheap 5.6" Feelworld 1280x800 monitor. I have the same problems as @Jacy , @5min and @hellrazor . First it only works on ntsc, now it also works at Pal record mode but not all the time and I am not feeling save about this. Also I cannot change the record mode between 1080 and 720 when the monitor is connected. Is this normal? And Jacy , Hellrazer and 5min , you have this monitor for a while, is it still working correctly and/or did you find the solid sollution to make it work al the time in pal mode? My cam has no hack and the firmware of the monitor is 1.2

-Regard RawB

• First it only works on ntsc, now it also works at Pal record mode but not all the time and I am not feeling save about this.

Can you make video showing this, step by step?

Also I cannot change the record mode between 1080 and 720 when the monitor is connected. Is this normal

Yes, it has nothing to do with monitor.

• Ok, so not change between rec mode is normal when the hdmi is attached, thanks.

Reading about the feelworld problems on Pal mode me nervous but thats over now. The monitor has a camera button same as in menu - functions - mode camera on-off. In the on mode the monitor only works in ntsc and in the off mode it also works in pal! So never touch the camera button on the monitor. I used the ntsc mode to change the monitor function camera to set OFF, then change the camera to pal and now it stays ok. Nice monitor with red peaking. An extra tally light would be nice.....

• Reading about the feelworld problems on Pal mode me nervous but thats over now. The monitor has a camera button same as in menu - functions - mode camera on-off. In the on mode the monitor only works in ntsc and in the off mode it also works in pal! So never touch the camera button on the monitor. I used the ntsc mode to change the monitor function camera to set OFF, then change the camera to pal and now it stays ok. Nice monitor with red peaking. An extra tally light would be nice.....

Good tip.

• I noticed from the link up there ( http://www.feelworld.cn/en/productlist.asp?sendid=59 ) that it has a PIP function.. Anyone have a previous model from them that has this feature? How well does it work?

For multi camera purposes I am thinking of getting a few, giving it HDMI from the camera (Sony HXR-NX5) and then the switched result in composite.. Would this be possible?

• @FW200

I have huge doubts that it is PIP you are thinking about (connecting two different cameras).

• With my Feelwordl I cannot record in 1280x720 50fps when using the hdmi in on my monitor. Is this normal?! Also the monitor aspect ratio is not correct, it squeezes the images. Anyone knows how I can record in 1280x720 using the hdmi aut? And yes, I tried different setting on my gh2 at the menu hdmi - auto and -720.

• @RawB

GH2 does not optput signal to HDMI in 720p modes. So it is not monitor fault.

As for later thing, first it is good to tell what monitor you mean exactly. As I do not see that you got anything from deals here.

• Hi I bought one of these Monitors from pumpkin_cool. Its a good monitor and I find it very useful BUT...although it runs nicely on the main power, the battery is no good, once the F970 battery ran out of charge, I could not re charge it. The little re charger "F970 Battery Charger for DSLR Monitor (For Traveling)" does not appear to work at all. As soon you plug the battery in the charger the little light goes green on the charger ... even before you plug the charger into the mains, then I leave the charger plugged into the mains and charging the battery for 24 hours and the green light never goes off. Then when I connect the F970 battery to the monitor it cuts out after about 4 seconds, but if I connect the monitor to the mains again (bypassing) the battery, it works fine. Has anyone here got any suggestions? It seems the battery or the charger is no good...not sure which. I am writing to the seller as well...just wondering tho if anyone has had any similar experiences with these batteries and chargers? Cheers Astro

• @Astro

It is not really monitor issue, more about F970 battery or charger issue.

• Hi Vitaliy. Thanks very much for the quick response, it is very much appreciated. Yep I realize its not a monitor issue...trouble is I dont know if its the battery or charger..I guess I'll have to re purchase both. But I am a little suspicious of the charger, its a cheap little portable one (came with the monitor) http://www.ebay.com/itm/F970-Battery-Charger-for-DSLR-Monitor-For-Traveling-/180694464598?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item2a123ab856 Maybe there are better chargers out there, also I am not sure how reliable the actual F970 battery clone is? Basically I am just wondering if others had any similar experiences with these batteries or chargers? Cheers Astro

• Thanks for the link Vitaliy...apprecitated. I'll post there. I have to say tho...its hard navigating on this site...to find proper topics. Cheers Astro

• First a bit of background. I am legally blind. I can watch television if the screen is less than a foot from my face. I currently have a 7" tv that takes an analog signal from our cable TV set top box. However the cable provider is converting to digital only, HDTV, and the replacement box will only have HDMI output, so my little analog TV will no longer work.

In searching the web I found this on eBay:

FEELWORLD 7" TFT LCD HD Peaking Filter Camera Video Monitor 1080P HDMI VGA AV

and while it is intended for monitoring the signal from a video camera, in reading the specs it appears that I could use it for watching TV. I don't need a tuner as that is in the set top box. Am I correct that I could use the HDMI output from the set top box to drive this monitor? Also - does it have a headphone jack such that I could use headphones and mute the speaker?

Thanks for any information you could provide. If you know of a 'better' solution let me know.

• Weird problem with my Feelworld monitor. I've been testing it with my BMCC using the BM SDI to HDMI converter. I can feed the HDMI signal to my Zacuto EVF, but the Feelworld 7" doesn't display anything -- even if I loop the signal through the Feelworld to the EVF.

And yet it works just fine with my AF100. Any ideas? I guess it could be the output of the BlackMagic SDI to HDMI converter needs to be changed.

• Haven't used this monitor for a while. Now I found 2 electric adapter at home fixed with this monitor ( I could turn on and off the monitor, seeing the light.) One specified output 12V,1.5A , the other 12V 0-2.5A ( set at 2.5A). If you had this monitor please look on the back of adapter and tell me which one was the right one? Thanks a lots.

• I power mine by battery. It takes 12V and can cope with a Lipo 3S which is around 14 Volts. The current draw is not big.

This monitor does not work with the Pocket. Anyone an Idea how to solve that?

• So in the end, which FeelWorld/Seetec monitors works ok with the Pocket?

• Zed, did you have to pay customs and vat on top of the monitor cost? If so, how much? cheers

• Mine just arrived today. Great product. Only thing is the hot shoe ball mount is very loose. Is this normal?

• Also, is there any indication of battery life onscreen?

• Mine 5.6 switches off itself with "click" sound after 3-5 seconds after startup when running on battery power (F550, F970). It happens only with HDMI connected and camera running. With external 12v everything is fine.