Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • @Fieel Here is download link for owners manual. ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dmc-gh2_en_om.pdf and here is owners manual in Spanish. ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dmc-gh2_sp_om.pdf

• Hello everybody! I just hacked my GH2 for the first time and it's also my first time commenting here in the personal view forums. I'm sure this questions will sound really dumb and obvious but i'm not a really great researcher so i couldn't find my answers in the forums, i mean, i'm still confused :(. I installed Moon T8 Patch and that's it.

I use a Sandisk Extreme class 3 as SD card.

In manual movie mode i can shot in FH and FSH modes, can someone explain me the main differences?

In 24P cinema mode i can record in 24H and 24L modes, what's the difference between the two, and when should i use the 24P cinema mode? What's the difference between manual and 24P?

Lastly, i can't understand HBR mode. What's HBR mode?! If someone is willing to explain me those concepts i would be really grateful, thank you in advance

• @Tjabo one of the Sony A7S's, because full frame (:

• @dlzn, what camera do you think you will go to?

• @Nosferatu I agree, but still going to upgrade my cam tho.

• @Nosferatu Yep, still on GH2. Thanks for card tips!

• As I am sure many of you still use GH2 - a great HD video is still a great HD in 2016!

If anyone is interested I can confirm that Kingston 64gb UHS-I u3 and the SanDisk Extreme 64gb UHS-I u3 cards both work great with Moon t8 and other patches( Flowmotion v2, Sanity X, Moon t7). Spanning endlessly in 1080 24p and other settings I have tried. These cards are relatively cheaper than SanDisk 95 so might be a good alternative for some.

• Moon T8, Lake Eildon - Victoria

• All @Driftwood settings are awesome! My best is Cluster v6 improved with Sedna matrix and ClassiX Intravenus 3 matrix / 4,4,4,127 hi/low freq which has incredible color, luma and noise balance! Those who have doubt of the benefits to the patch setting just have to try one of the hacks that I mentioned earlier! I love Intravenus 3 matrix on ClassiX! Right now I use mod bitrate settings for 40 mb/s 32gb sandisk card taken from Slipstream 1b (GOP 6 for 1080i50 and 1080p24) and ClassiX Intravenus 3 matrix after testing many other ini patch.

• Entertaining edit of some nice footage, @Bozzie!

Curious if anyone on here has done some latitude testing of the GH2 with Moon T8 similar to what Shane Hurlbut recently posted for the GH4 with V-Log?

• Kind of a goodbye reel to the GH2. Incredible little cam made better by the individuals who've worked so hard on the hacks. Cheers.

• Testing the lovely Moon T8 on my anamorphic setup. Smooth all -2 with Saturation 0. Sharp as all heck on these old German lenses.

• I just tricked the 480 mode of moon t8 for shooting in 4:3 (setting it at 1440x1080) with a x1.33 anamorphic lens and obtain a final 16:9 video with the benefits of the lens, so flares and soft cinelike images.

In order to get the higher bitrate possible I would like to do the same on the 24p settings, is it possible to do it without breaking it?

thanks in advance aga

• Thank you!!! @Tjabo Yes I did. I used smooth as picture profile. Shutterspeed was mainly between 320 and 1.000 around F2.0. I still find the GH2 with a quality hack and lens a great choice for certain types of shoots!

• @dlzn, that is BEAUTIFUL WORK!!! Did you shoot it in 720 and upscale it to 1080 (I'm not familiar with the PAL options)? What picture profile and exposure level did you use most?

Stuff like this is so inspiring to get my GH2 back out and put away the GH4 for a while. :)

• Some new work shot with T8 and some shots with a smartphone. Really tried to push the colorgrading on this one.

• @Brumbazz Very nice watching:)

• Moon T7 except for underwater, which is GoPro Hero 3+ Black

Galapagos - in the footsteps of Darwin from Rasmus Ramsboel Jensen on Vimeo.

I went back from T8 as I did not like the 30fps on T8

• @caveport: You're probably right about GH2 patches, but since Driftwood announced Moon T9 almost an year and half ago even with nice snapshot example, I still think there is something little more that can be done. I don't know why there are no any news about Moon T9 from Driftwood anymore...

About FilmVision Pro - that's my development, hehe. No enough time to finish it yet. I still face difficulties about lifting the shadows and reducing the highlights without affecting the rest of image characteristics. I tried some popular plug-ins like Shadows and Highlights, Low/Ultra contrast, etc., and they also can't do the job I'm looking for. Also, I work on adding what I call "micro sharpness" algorithm which can't be found in the popular plug-ins, but it's extremely important for our cameras!

Below is an example of some of my old Panasonic G2 files I'm still keeping processed with my FilmVision Pro plug-in. Believe me or not, I can't get such a look with GH2! What I'm convinced more and more is that achieving a cinematic/film look strongly depends on shooting Dynamic or Cinema profile with everything set on +0 +0 +0 +0 !!!

• I'm hoping Santa will bring a new grain-free wide gamut high dynamic range film stock from Kodak. Not holding my breath! Seriously, I don't think any more GH2 patches are necessary. The existing patches give great results and are about as good as one can get from the hardware. What I have been waiting for is the legendary Filmvision Pro plugin. There have been many tests posted but still no release date. Anyone know if it is still being developed?

• Will this Christmas bring a final gift like Moon T9 for GH2 users?

• Hey i got a question i've shoot this on my Ronin M with Gh2 and moont t8 hack and I like the hack a lot however, im not sure why but my sound/audio is not working when i import it in Adobe Premier Pro CC its totally missing and when i play my clip on my computer the file the sound is all there? Does any one know whats wrong? Here is the video

• Good afternoon. Use GH2 Flow Motion v2 with SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC 95 MB / sec, 64 GB, video recording comes to 33 MB / s. And there is no stability bitrate sometimes more sometimes less. Perhaps you can help me to obtain the stability of high bitrate?

• I shot some Moon T8 test footage a long time ago (all impromptu hand held stuff, but it works I guess), and just happened to be playing around with grading it this morning. Moon T8 is still my favorite. :-)

I think I have some comparative macro ladybug footage I shot at the same time with the GH4. I'll try to do some comparisons with both of them graded.

• Very productive period for me, a cover video inspired by latest Eurovision winner music video. Takumar 1.4 smc, and T8