Personal View site logo
Sigma ART 18-35 f/1.8+ Mitakon Turbo lens or Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8?
  • Hi, i've Panasonic Lumix GH3 and i need a good wide angle. AT THE SAME PRICE, for you which is the better choise? (Sigma+mitakon don't have stabilization and autofocus but much fast lens).

Thank you

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I like look of Sigma better, although I've seem good looking footage from GH3 + 12-35 lens.

• If you like to manual focus and can actually see the focus on the GH3 then Sigma f1.8 + SB. If you shoot run & gun, or, can't judge tack sharp focus on the GH3, or, must have auto focus then 12-35 f2.8

The GH4 peaking function works very well for me with my MF lenses, but there are times I wish I had a 12-35 f 2.8 with OIS & AF although I prefer the shallower DoF I can get with my MF Nikkor + SB lenses.

• unfortunately gh3 don't have focus peaking... in some situations, the focus is really big problem (with manual lens)..

• Without focus peaking or a 3x lcd magnifier you can have a hard time focusing with the heavy to hold 18-35 . But , quality wise is a great lens ! And do not have the videoish look of the Panasonic lenses and the focus ring is smooth . You can't do manual focus with the 12-35 . And with the metabones you will have the super 35 field of view with the sigma !

• I had the same problem when using my GH2, unless I used an external monitor. The H005 Monitor helped a lot but wasn't perfect.