Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sigma ART 18-35 f/1.8+ Mitakon Turbo lens or Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8?
  • Hi, i've Panasonic Lumix GH3 and i need a good wide angle. AT THE SAME PRICE, for you which is the better choise? (Sigma+mitakon don't have stabilization and autofocus but much fast lens).

Thank you

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I like look of Sigma better, although I've seem good looking footage from GH3 + 12-35 lens.

• If you like to manual focus and can actually see the focus on the GH3 then Sigma f1.8 + SB. If you shoot run & gun, or, can't judge tack sharp focus on the GH3, or, must have auto focus then 12-35 f2.8

The GH4 peaking function works very well for me with my MF lenses, but there are times I wish I had a 12-35 f 2.8 with OIS & AF although I prefer the shallower DoF I can get with my MF Nikkor + SB lenses.

• unfortunately gh3 don't have focus peaking... in some situations, the focus is really big problem (with manual lens)..

• Without focus peaking or a 3x lcd magnifier you can have a hard time focusing with the heavy to hold 18-35 . But , quality wise is a great lens ! And do not have the videoish look of the Panasonic lenses and the focus ring is smooth . You can't do manual focus with the 12-35 . And with the metabones you will have the super 35 field of view with the sigma !

• I had the same problem when using my GH2, unless I used an external monitor. The H005 Monitor helped a lot but wasn't perfect.