Personal View site logo
It's official: The US is the world's leading terrorist state, and proud of it
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • @brianl

!! que ?? ..the problem isn't sloppy usage, is ignorance of history !

• I'm one of those people who thinks it's impossible for a state to be terrorist. Terrorism is a tactic used by non state entities. The problem with sloppy usage we all just start reacting reflexively, like the famed "Kiselevian" mice and no meaningful discussion or analysis occurs.

• US is also the worst violator of human rights, examples including genocide of the natives aka the Indians; enslavement of Africans, shipping them across the continents as perishable goods and treating them as subhuman; the use of weapons of mass destruction aka the nukes against the Japanese civilians. At any given moment it is engaged in a war somewhere in the world killing hundreds of thousands of people including women and children.

• @thorn

Really? Would you care to cite factual inaccuracies in Chomsky's understanding of U.S. foreign policy which invalidate his arguments? Or is it simply that his views are so far removed from accepted opinion in the U.S. that he comes off sounding ludicrous?

I trust you're not going to cite Chomsky's opposition to French laws which make defending Nazis a crime, as evidence that he's a Holocaust-denier and a terrible person. As he himself has repeatedly pointed out, "free speech" isn't just for popular views, if it's to mean anything at all.

• Of course we created Isis. Without Al Queda in Iraq there is no ISIS. Without USA invasion of Iraq there is no Al Queda in Iraq.

• Noam Chomsky? L O Fucking L .

• Its amazing what power, small mindedness (of politicians and media), and relative isolation from other countries has done to the USA. I wonder how different things would be if our geographical layout was more like Europe.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions