Personal View site logo
Nikon new mirrorless cameras V1 and J1
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • Under video it doesn't have a 24p option and that "motion snapshot" looks like a gimmick. It doesn't say how long you can record like that, I suspect motion snapshot time will be SECONDS not minutes.

Why are camera makers not putting 24p on EVERY cam they have that shoots video? I'll never buy a cam that doesn't shoot 24p. The new Canon A1200 shoots 720p at 24fps at 20+mb bitrate and costs $100. I almost bought that until the GH1 went closeout under $400.

I'm so tired of waiting for the enthusiast community to make compromised equipment better.
  • According to the specs:

Motion Snapshot mode - 1,920 X 1,080/ 60p(59.94fps)(plays at 24p/ 23.976fps)

Nikon 1 Mount Adapter FT1:
    Using a mount adapter, you can still take advantage of the power of expression
    of your existing F mount NIKKOR lenses. It is also compatible with AE/AF
    and VR. You can also experience "Motion Snapshot", a new form of visual
    expression unique to Nikon 1.

DX format lenses of the F mount NIKKOR lens series are also compatible with the Mount Adapter FT1. IX lenses and F3AF lenses may not be used with the Mount Adapter FT1.
  • No 50i 25p, only 60i 30p video. There is a market besides Japan and US. It's the same with Olympus with their PEN camera's.
  • 1/16000 shutter is also nice.
  • 1,200 fps interesting, although it is only 320 x 120 it's nice to have the option.