Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • Driftwood GH2 & GFx Settings

*** THIS IS A CONTINUATION THREAD FROM SERIES 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 WHICH CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW - ALL EARLIER DRIFTWOOD SETTINGS CAN BE FOUND & DOWNLOADED ON THESE LINKS ON PAGE 1***

Series 1 Link

Series 2 Link

Series 3 Link

Series 4 Link

Series 5 Link

The old Intra VY Canis Majoris Link

ALL Settings require Panasonic firmware v1.11 & ptools 3.64D '200212' OR 3.65d required). Settings for GH2 & GFx Lumix cameras.

DRIFTWOOD NEWS

21/12/2012 NEW Driftwood Canis Majoris Day AM GOP1 with 720p 50 at GOP3 and 720p60 at GOP6 - Featuring the 'mid freq' matrix See below under Canis Majoris settings to download.

17-07-2012 NEW Driftwood 'Apocalypse Now' GOP1 and Long GOP variations - More news soon Featuring Chris 'cbrandin' Brandin matrices

CREDITS

These settings are dedicated to VK @Vitaliy_Kiselev (master in control) and Chris Brandin @cbrandin (thee font of information).

IF YOU LIKE THESE SETTINGS PLEASE PAYPAL DONATE (ABOVE) TO VITALIY FOR HIS BRIILLIANT & TIRELESS WORK ON GIVING US THE HACK.

• 713 Replies sorted by
  • comment deleted

• I’ve patched my GH2 not to long ago. Found all working links for moont7 driftwood.

• What kind of people are on this service. It's so inconvenient to do everything and nobody cares. Links to all dead ptools do not open. The old version cannot be downloaded anywhere, there is not a single ready-made firmware. But you need to think about it, not everyone knows how to flash. Thank you all.

• There's a few threads on here about the Canis hack sertings. Search for them and hopefully they'll give you info needed. There's also a Canis Majores Skin Tones Soft which I like, but some have had problems with noise in underexposed areas with this hack setting.

• I have a question which might be dumb. When should we use Canis Majoris? There are so many versions like AM, DAY, NIGHT. Shall we use NIGHT only for lowlight for an example?

• What is the last best quality Driftwood hack for GX1?

• What is the last best quality Driftwood hack for GX1? For AVCHD 1080 NTSC camera (Japan).

• For quite a while, I used Quantum X v4B Orion and Cluster v1, both of which used the "Orion" matrix. I later switched to Sedna A Q20 and Cluster v6 DREWnet, which used the "Sedna" matrix.

I came to especially love the reliability of Cluster v6 DREWnet, and the quality I got for reasonable file sizes.

Now, I'm shooting with my GH2 and trying to match it to other cameras, and I'm finding the Orion matrix a closer match. The midtones and highlights seem to be stretched up a bit higher along the scale.

I worry that I'm giving up some good innovations by using Cluster v1 rather than v6, however. So what I'd like to know is, what settings in ptool are specifically the matrix? The tooltips don't make it clear to me. I'd like to make a setting with just the Orion matrix, that I can load over top of Cluster v6's Sedna matrix... is that even a good idea, or could there be unintended consequences?

• I recently moved on to using the Moon T7 for my GH2 but wanted to post a video with the Apocalypse Now patch that I had previously used. The 2nd camera is the BlackmagicPocket - tried to match them but hard to get perfect -

• All patches mentioned in the thread title are always available on the first page of said thread.

• where can i download cluster v6. can someone link the page? Thanks so much

• Hello, hope this is the right place for my question. I am trying to understand how can I use the Galaxian hack. How do I install it and where do I find the latest version (hard to find between 32 pages). I am also a little bit confused if the Galaxian is different then the hack the the PTOOL creates. It would be great if someone can sort out for me this questions. BTW I have the GX1 camera Thank you.

• a loooong Film about the nature of the island Texel. Setting was the Apocalypse by Driftwood.

• Video mixing GH2 with Canis Majoris Night, Red Scarlet and a Canon HV30 (for just or two shots). Graded by @Bueller.

http://songwriter.revimage.com/channels/JoannaStClaire

• A Mix between my GH2 (SEDNA 2 and Apocalypse), a Cannot 550D and some GoPro's

• Sedna A1AQ1 , Canon 60D, Canon 7D

• Hey all, here is a short dance film I shot as a project to learn the GH2. Used Senda Q20 plus the Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 and the Mamiya 80mm 2.8 sekor C. Big thanks to Nick Drift wood and Vitaliy Kiselev for providing such great tool

• I'm using the apocylypse now setting for 6 month. Its a damn good setting.

and here is my newest result

I use a Mix of "myfilm1", Nostalgic and cinema" in the Setting. All -2.
    grading with After Effects and Premiere

Tech: Nikkor 500 4.0 & Sennhieser ME67

• Nice DSD

• Short doc shot in a low-light cinema. Intravenus II performed great.

• @tdan84 Drewnet has been very reliable for many users among the bitrates you're mentioning. Also Redshift was just released and seems to be great for spanning and long recording times.
    Just check the other post, you have all the info there.

• Flaaandeeers,

Thank you Sir.

I'm starting with a 32gb Sandisk Extreme SDHC 45mb/s Class 10.

Sorry if, off topic. Also have a 64gb SDXC Sandisk Ultra MicroSD. Can i use it with an adapter on the GH2? or will i loose speed/quality?

I think a patch with 44mb to 80mbs is enough. Dont think rates high as 176mbs are necessary for me.