Personal View site logo
Varavon BirdyCam gimbal
  • 106 Replies sorted by
  • how many birds fly through the air with a camera operator attached to them?

• Wtf, I think the name is fantastic. Flies smooth through the air like birds.

• @tired I think it looks great but agree with the name, what is it got to do with birds?

• seriously! - do they actually expect anyone to put this in front of a client with the name "Birdycam" I'm looking at biting the bullet on a gimbal but If I went for this the first thing I'd have to do is cover the name up with gaffer.

• Hi Everyone! Just got my Birdycam yesterday. So far it's really solid and very easy to balance.

I’m so excited to finally use an affordable quality product so I can achieve great dynamic shots with my Panasonic GH4 and perhaps the Sony A7s. The fact that a 32-bit 3-axis gimbal with a tool-less adjustable design, solid carrying case, and downloadable/updatable firmware for less than $2500 makes the Birdycam 2 an amazing value for any production

Check out my first impression review here: http://filmbrosmedia.com/varavon-birdycam-3-axis-gimbal-package/

• dang. that is exciting. pls show up on special deals soon, crosses fingers

edit: official price from varavon ended up being $2680 shipped

• I pre ordered this one, got my tracking number this day, exciting!

• This is one of the better presentation videos, the one with the girl walking around. No color treatment, no fancy neverending shots, just the right stuff that I personally needed to see, including some medium shots.

No point in using these things if you can't pull off medium shots.

I believe I'm sold on this, and I hope it releases soon.

Will be checking this space for the PV deals.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Sounds great. I have funds set aside so ready when you are. And just to make sure I understand you correctly... this sucker's ready to go out of the box? I thought those AlexMos boards have to be programmed with the camera weight for balancing.

• This looks awesome, and for that price amazing - that fucking puppet LaForet can shove his 'gamechanger' up his ass. lol

• @SuperSet

It'll be as it'll be actually available. Varavon delayed actual shipments around 7-8 times. So it is good idea to wait for actual first batch.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Is the birdycam available in deals now?

• @PixCanFly

Or use our deals :-) Even better.

• or preorder now for $300 discount.

• @SuperSet

It is ready to run thing.

Btw, they upped price to $2300. I do not agree with decision, but it I it up to them.

• Any chance Varavon could send these things pre - programmed since I've heard that you'll spend most of your time programming the Alexmos?

• Great thanks! Can you also please ask or confirm with them if it will be the running or potential upgrade to the Alexmos 32-bit boards with dual IMUs prior to lunch?

• any idea/guestimation when this could hit the market.

Next month, and we will get first batch to our deals :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, any idea/guestimation when this could hit the market. I told myself this is probably that gimbal I will be buying. Being waiting hoping for to hit the market before the start of my wedding season; next month. Long delays might just push me to jump on the came 7000.

• I like the design updates, hopefully the tubes won't introduce any slipping, plus it would be nice to know that the first buyers won't be treated as beta testers (a common practice amongst many companies, not pointing any fingers at Varavon, they have amazing customer support) and other competitive gimbals are being delayed as well, but it would be great if they made it in the next 1-2 months.

• @MRfanny

It is not selling yet :-) Delayed and delayed.

• has anyone bit the bullet on this thing yet? looks very promising. doesnt look as smooth as the movie though.