Personal View site logo
Sony a6000 topic
  • 318 Replies sorted by
  • Sony A6K is still under the radar of many, but maybe needs to be looked at a bit more closely, Phil Bloom is impressed.

• small test with A6000...

• I'm liking the colour of the videos posted in this page more than I've liked anything posted on the GH4 topics.

And it is good. This is why different cameras exist.

• I'm liking the colour of the videos posted in this page more than I've liked anything posted on the GH4 topics.

• Testing autofocus ..

• Tried out the a6000 last week with some FD primes.

Pros: Nice image quality, very little moire and aliasing compared to NEX line. Great low light performance and excellent dynamic range with flat colour profiles. (No S-log, though)

Screen and EVF works fine in most situations, no worries.

I love the stuff you can access while recording: AEL toogle (!) and smooth control of exposure with ISO+shutter speed working together. There's also a punch in focus check. All this during recording is perfect for event video.

Focus peaking is the best in class and the new zebras are great.

Handling of controls is perfect except for one annoying thing: the record button. Why couldn't Sony allow the shutter button for this? Stupid...

Cons: again, the placement of the record button. No mic input (I prefer using my existing shotgun instead of getting Sony's). SD-card placed underneath with the battery. No IBIS (tried the E-M10 too and jeez, that tech is uncanny)

Conclusion: I'm keeping my G6 :-)

The Sony Alpha 6000 is the best APS-C mirrorless camera the company has produced to date. Its 24-megapixel image sensor offers a ton of resolution, and still manages to keep noise under control at very high ISOs. The 11.1fps burst rate is the fastest we've seen in a mirrorless camera, and its autofocus system is able to keep pace even when firing off shots at such a high speed.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2457349,00.asp

sales92.jpg
    800 x 533 - 42K
  • Very nice. Sometimes the simplest things do the job!

• @tinyrobot thanks,actually it was real blue smoke made from smoke bomb fireworks. I just happen to catch the shot when the smoke was settling down. This is a photo right before the smoke settled. I wasn't the photographer on this shoot I just snapped these during taking some video. I wanted to include those shots in the A6000 video test but the re encoding from Vimeo made them look like sh#t.

Model 1 photo Model-x_zps2214f087.png

• @EYESOUL I am impressed with the above picture. May I ask how you made the smoke effect?

• I think the A6000 is more than perfect for what I will use it for,1 to 2 minute properly lit scenes. I personally haven't seen the codec break down to a unusable degree yet,mainly because I keep in mind the weak areas of the camera. I have a GH2 and I enjoy the images out the A6000 just as much,it's not that it resolves better but its images have a certain texture and feel to them. At this point I'm just trying to figure out the best combination of settings to get a desired result. On this specific footage I shot for almost 2 hours nonstop,1 to 2 minute clips every couple of seconds with no overheating. I like this camera a lot.

In the photo department it seems to perform quite well also..Sony 35mm 1.8 OSS Model photo Model_zps389b74dd.png

Model.png
    800 x 533 - 689K
  • @EYESOUL Thanks for the vids, I'm really impressed. When you have the time, could you please do some wide shots of foilage and/or people on the street?

• @bozfx thanks,Sony A6000 graded footage. I think it holds up pretty well if limitations are kept in mind. Wide shots are slightly out of focus,added sharpening in post. Footage was very overexposed so considering that I think it recovered quite well.

frame rate 24P, creative style portrait -3,-3,-3, shutter 50, iso 100, post-curves,color corrector, filter-neewer variable nd, glass-sony 35mm 1.8 OSS, editor-Vegas Pro 12

• @EYESOUL Nice footage. Grades nicely! :)

A6000-1.jpg
    960 x 540 - 202K
    A6000-2.jpg
    960 x 540 - 180K
  • Sony A6000 footage basically straight out of camera. I brought exposure down just a little in post,the shots are slightly out of focus so this is not a example of how well the camera resolves. This is my first Sony so I'm still trying to get a feel for it but I like the image quality very much.You can get a pretty flat image with settings in the negative. If it appears to be a green color cast that would be the cheap nd filter and not choosing correct white balance. frame rate 24P... creative style -3,-3,-3,.. shutter 50... iso 100... filter-neewer variable nd... glass-sony 35mm 1.8 OSS... editor-Vegas PRO 12...

If you want a camera that's confident with moving subjects, the A6000 is hard to beat for the money. It boasts confident AF tracking across the frame which even works at the fastest burst speed of 11fps, and the buffer is sufficiently large to capture around five seconds worth of action at this speed. This degree of performance not only puts the A6000 ahead of most mirrorless cameras at any price point, but also beyond what you can expect from a DSLR in the same category.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Alpha_A6000/

monitor29.jpg
    614 x 875 - 68K