Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • @endotoxic Whats the problem. Thats surprisingly cinematic footage! Propably because it's downscaled to 720p which hides some aliasing and sharp edges.

• @HillTop1 that's a Kamerar Magview. Very sharp and bright on a GH4.

• @johnnymossville

I have that loupe too. i just got my camera today so I will play around with the EVF first betore I decide to stick on the frame. Did you cure it overnight? Have a few spare frames since I use it on my GX7.

• I didn't cure it overnight, it's stuck on there pretty good, but the loupe doesn't stay on that well with just the magnets. On my GH2 I had to use electrical tape to get it to really stay put.

• @HillTop1 @last_SHIFT @johnnymossville I've bought a Kamerar QV-1M, a little pricier but the magnetic lock is amazingly good - very strong attach, impossible to accidentally detach.

http://kamerar.com/collections/lcd-viewfinders/products/qv-1-m-lcd-view-finder

• @MarcioK yep, that's the one I'd get if I was to do it all over again. that wasn't out when I bought mine.

• The REAL first short film :-) Done a couple weeks back and premiered at the Oxford Street Personal-View meet. Plus its independent - no sponsorship from Pany!

Download the 4k version on Vimeo by LOGGING in

• Nick, very nice! I've got the camera. Plan to shot a short soon. How is the best to set a color space 0-255, 16-235? My workflow will be on a mac, converting 4K GH3 mov files via Compressor, to 3488x1962 444 prores. That what FCP7 takes in.

• @Manu4Vendetta Awesome footage! Did you grade it? Im surprised to see this footage lacks the usual YELLOW color cast! This is great news! (Maybe it is picture profile retailed issue.)

• same question from me: what's the best way to set the levels to? 0-255? I mix the footage with my GH2's and GH3's footage, output to youtube/vimeo/blu-ray/24p also would love to know what the recommended shutter speed for 96fps is...192?

• @manu4vendetta good job man! The shot of the dog looks great.

• Great stuff, Nick!

• @Manu4Vendetta Nice vid! Any color correction or is that straight out of the camera?

• Great, great stuff Driftwood!!

• @driftwood

Felt like being transported to the 70s risque cinema all over again. great feel. The detail and grading are superb especially in the interiors and shootout scene.

• personally wasn't a fan of some of the grading, but it was put out in two days. On the other hand, this did a good job of showing the dynamic range, and I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. This shot in particular, there is some detail lost on the balcony, but it looks like it is taking direct sunlight, but the sky and clouds are clear in the background!

Update: I brought that still into Davinci and it graded pretty well for a quick orange teal treatment. Given that it was a screen grab off of vimeo. @driftwood did you shoot this with the YAGH? at 4:2:2 or internally 4:2:0

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 5.25.10 PM.png
    1919 x 1014 - 2M
    00086400.jpg
    1920 x 1009 - 240K
  • @driftwood That video is the best thing on the internet! So funny.

• @driftwood Very nice for a rushed job! Now I know why Moon T8 is delayed; you're having too much fun with the GH4.

• @driftwood - haha, best test video I've seen

• Another thing to explore is Cine gamma, vs. setting highlights/shadows manually!?

• @Manu4Vendetta just wondering, did you use any post stabilization? The picture is wobbling a little in "park circle shield" wide shot...

• @paleface, @blackspot, @maddog15; I dont have the GH2, only sharing material.