Personal View site logo
Panasonic accelerates m43 cameras production, GH4 is big on preorders
  • 181 Replies sorted by
  • Wow. If true, this is sad sad news. I was getting ready to pull the trigger and go all m4/3 for both my stills and video kits. Now I will have to rethink that. Sigh

• @zoomjockey It's not so much the hit in $$$ I will take on the lenses, but rather the fact the FF trolls ended up being right all along. I feel like I've just been erased from history! 43 rumors will become a f*cking wasteland where loyalists are wiped off the map by endless bombardment of "sensor compensation" delivered by dweebs who subsist on leftover meatloaf and pure unadulterated hate for my beloved aspect ratio. I am in dire need of a Hitler vid to adequately express my frustration!

• Oh my the end of humanity... Don't give up, Panasonic. Long live to M43!!!

• I really don't know what to say. I'm devastated. I have tirelessly been copying in months and months of all your personal-view suggestions to my contacts and they were being forwarded to Japan. They were really taking notice... and mentioned some truly amazing products being lined up for the years ahead. I actually believe things are taking a turn - with so many DSLR users coming over to m43. I really hope this huge response will stop them in their tracks. I just can't get my head round this... We live in a cruel world where time to develop is not respected.

• I have a bridge in the New York area for sale. It's in Brooklyn. Anyone interested? Name your price.

• @erikn How high is it? I'm thinking about going all Thelma & Louise with my GH3.

• @Tron. I'll give it to you for free if I can shoot it with my GH4 prototype. However you will have to light the GH3 on fire then launch it! Deal?

• @erikn I would be honored to have my last moments captured as a Lumix Lifestyle... and my only request is that Will Crockett read my eulogy while surrounded by cats (lots and lots of cats).

• @Tron. Deal! But the cats have to be on fire too......

• Don't worry folks I met a guy in a pub tonight who works for Panasonic in Japan. My Japanese isn't great but he told me all new Panasonic's GH bodies will be full frame and will have an integrated lens adapter built into each body that will allow existing m43 lenses to be used. Kind of like a speedbooster in reverse. He said that the loss of a stop of light would be made up by the extra light gathering area of the full frame sensor. After a couple of drinks it occured to me that this would mean that there would be no advantage in this and iI told him so. He winked and said it was all marketing and no cares so long as its a full frame sensor.

• @erikn You didn't hear this from me, but I heard from a reliable source that the 4K Cat Scrap in the GH4 thread was uploaded by a certain "very enthusiastic Lumix Lifestyler" who was trying to direct a scene. So yeah, I completely expect the eulogy to get out of hand at some point.

• So, besides buy the GX7 in may, Im thinking to buy the PanaLeica 25mm f1.4 this week. Now I dont know I do, I have a NEX, but Im not satisfied with the Sony's video and FF from Canon is very expensive. :(

• Had been reading other sites, some authors think that lenses production will remain intact for at least a year.

Sad that we won't see new cheap bodies with GH4 sensor.

• Sad news indeed. In anticipation of Panasonic eventually stopping repair services and parts support, I have just doubled my pre-order of the GH4 - Instead of one, I have just ordered two, so that in case one of them is damaged or stolen, I will have another as a backup.

Also just placed orders for every Panasonic lens I currently have, for the same reason. These include the 25mm f/1.4, 45mm f/2.8, 14-140mm, 100-300mm, and not the least the excellent 35-100mm f/2.8. With the backup lenses, they should last me a long long while.

• Now I pray that my two GH4, two copies of all the lenses become orphans & "collectors' Items" the values of which just skyrocket...

• Anyone deciding to dump their Nocticron can PM me. I will build a small "museum" for Panasonic m43 gear, and can buy this off you (at a greatly reduced price considering the lack of future support and upgradeability of course).

• be a early bird, sell you lenses now.... i'm here to buy it for 70% of the price ;)

• ...and now there's rumors that Canon may be taking over Panasonic's camera division:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/03/canon-interested-in-acquiring-panasonics-camera-division-cr1/

• Canon controlling Panasonic?, I prefer the suicide. :(

• I don't care about rumours and am just going to concentrate on my videography & photography with my GH2. Just enjoy your camera and forget the hype. What happens will happen and we will all have to adapt to it all. Technology is changing all the time and we can't stop it. Everything becomes out dated and very fast, especially in our modern times

• @Manu4Vendetta

I bet Panasonic division will later merge with Ricoh as they have real shortage of FF bodies, and after some struggle both will merge with Sony. Personal view logo usually predicts mergers and partnerships very accurately.

• uffff, glad I sold all my gear before prices collapsed =)

• This is pretty much how I took the news.

• @dsavage

that's hilarious

• I had hope to see more in the future; different and innovative stuff from panny. I was considering selling my FF stuff and moving to the Gh4 for stills and video. Portability is key for me. I hate carrying 70lbs of gear on a plane (sometimes both stills and video systems). My Gh2 has served me well but has really only been used for video. I liked the way the GH line was going so I thought it was here to stay. I can see though how FF is a marketing buzzword that can sell cameras, especially to the auto shooters that think it will make their pictures better. Sad days.

@dsavage - Hits it right on. True and totally funny.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions