Personal View site logo
Feature film trailer. GH1/anamorphic.
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • @leftedit 0:28 is a phone call. 1:10 is not and was recorded with a 416 boom on location. I guess the dialogue is just a little flatter than your tastes. We haven't had a chance to mix the soundtrack in a fancy studio yet, just in stereo in a bedroom studio so far. Hopefully we'll get a chance to remix in 5.1 someday, but we're all really happy with how it sounds now. Thanks for taking the time to think about our trailer, we really appreciate it.

• Excellent images as always Ryan. Your vimeo page and @Voldemort's site got me into the GH13 a few years back after a disappointing experience with the 7D. Congrats (and thanks!). Keep us up-to-date on the project.

• Hi @ryancglover. Its cool.

0:28 to me just doesn't sound like a phone call, if you know what i'm saying. I think the effect is not clear enough - too much low end and needs to have that low bit-rate feel more? I think at 1:10 what's happening is the dialogue track is a bit low in the mix and needs more compression.

The audio recording seems good quality, I just feel the mix is not 'punchy' enough. Sorry to offer negative feedback, I guess its something that just popped out at me.

Over all i really like the film's look and feel - of course you have achieved a massive great thing!

• Hey everyone. Just wanted to let any interested people know that the film is now up on iTunes! Just click the iTunes button on the film's website: http://hillsgreen.com

You can also check out this interview we did over at NoFilmSchool for a little info on the distribution of the film. http://nofilmschool.com/2013/11/hills-green-filmmakers-discuss-realistic-distribution/

Thanks to everyone who has followed along and participated in this thread!

HILLS GREEN iTunes PostCard.jpg
    960 x 498 - 356K
  • @ryancglover Congratulations! Trailer looks good. I will definitely watch on iTunes.

• I totally miss my GH1 now :( I sold it to get the gh2 and then sold the gh2 to get the 3 and I really think the gh1 had the best colour pallet for sure

• Thanks @matt_gh2!

@tylernight I miss my GH1 sometimes too, I always thought it looked great outdoors.

• @RyanCGlover Just bought it, looking forward to watching it tomorrow.

• Happy New Year! Big thanks to everyone who has checked out the film on iTunes so far!

Today we released a few little clips from the film, enjoy:

Also, If you're interested in the film, but iTunes is not your thing, we should be releasing the film on Vimeo on demand this year as well.

Comments and questions welcome. Thanks again!