Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Feature film trailer. GH1/anamorphic.
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • @leftedit 0:28 is a phone call. 1:10 is not and was recorded with a 416 boom on location. I guess the dialogue is just a little flatter than your tastes. We haven't had a chance to mix the soundtrack in a fancy studio yet, just in stereo in a bedroom studio so far. Hopefully we'll get a chance to remix in 5.1 someday, but we're all really happy with how it sounds now. Thanks for taking the time to think about our trailer, we really appreciate it.

• Excellent images as always Ryan. Your vimeo page and @Voldemort's site got me into the GH13 a few years back after a disappointing experience with the 7D. Congrats (and thanks!). Keep us up-to-date on the project.

• Hi @ryancglover. Its cool.

0:28 to me just doesn't sound like a phone call, if you know what i'm saying. I think the effect is not clear enough - too much low end and needs to have that low bit-rate feel more? I think at 1:10 what's happening is the dialogue track is a bit low in the mix and needs more compression.

The audio recording seems good quality, I just feel the mix is not 'punchy' enough. Sorry to offer negative feedback, I guess its something that just popped out at me.

Over all i really like the film's look and feel - of course you have achieved a massive great thing!

• Hey everyone. Just wanted to let any interested people know that the film is now up on iTunes! Just click the iTunes button on the film's website: http://hillsgreen.com

You can also check out this interview we did over at NoFilmSchool for a little info on the distribution of the film. http://nofilmschool.com/2013/11/hills-green-filmmakers-discuss-realistic-distribution/

Thanks to everyone who has followed along and participated in this thread!

HILLS GREEN iTunes PostCard.jpg
    960 x 498 - 356K
  • @ryancglover Congratulations! Trailer looks good. I will definitely watch on iTunes.

• I totally miss my GH1 now :( I sold it to get the gh2 and then sold the gh2 to get the 3 and I really think the gh1 had the best colour pallet for sure

• Thanks @matt_gh2!

@tylernight I miss my GH1 sometimes too, I always thought it looked great outdoors.

• @RyanCGlover Just bought it, looking forward to watching it tomorrow.

• Happy New Year! Big thanks to everyone who has checked out the film on iTunes so far!

Today we released a few little clips from the film, enjoy:

Also, If you're interested in the film, but iTunes is not your thing, we should be releasing the film on Vimeo on demand this year as well.

Comments and questions welcome. Thanks again!