Personal View site logo
Meetup: Los Angeles Area
  • 231 Replies sorted by
  • @shian Yep, gonna sneak in a flask!

• NO BEER??? Well, now, I'm definitely not coming. :)

• Ok so here are some final details. We're going to meet up at Johnnys Pizza. 1444 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

6:30PM both nights. Ask for the table under Andrew if you don't see someone familiar. I'll only be there Sat night as I have a concert to go to on Friday.

I think a couple pizzas might be purchased but not 100% sure. No beer served :(

There are a few garages around there. Search for 3rd Street Promenade and you'll find all the info you need there.

As for shooting, I'm not sure. If there's a large group, common sense says we can't go around and look like a damn production team so we'll figure it out on the day. Plan on it going into the night and over to the Pier.

Do not bring a lot of gear. Bring a camera if you want and a memory card. Maybe a monopod or something like that. I would refrain from tripods to stay away from any "Sticks Down" laws in LA.

I'll bring my Pocket Cam so if anyone wants footage from it, you must bring your own properly formatted, approved card for it. The top of the line Sandisk cards we use for our GH2s work the best.

I'm sure I left out some stuff but if i remember, I'll update the list.

My number is 818-720-0441 if anyone needs to contact me with questions or problems on the day.

Vic

• OK... I am hoping to come both nights ... I am not confirmed as to where this is... I would like some bullet points...

Where is this... where do I park... What time is the happening... is this just for eating and then out on the Promenade to shoot "Philip Bloom Style" meet up? Giggle I am so bad!

Looking for ward to being with you all again and perhaps some new folks will join.... I had a wonderful time last time... I may not be so good at remembering names... The mind is the second thing to go...

Kindest and sincerest warm regards,

LALisa...

• Still working on it. It will be at 6:30PM on Fri and Sat in Santa Monica. Prob still Barnies on 3rd St on Sat.

• Please let me know where and when this will be...

Kindest and sincerest warm regards,

Lisa

• I am working on weekend plans regarding our next meet up... Hopefully I will be able to answer the survey question soon... I hope everyone is doing well.

• OK, here's the new poll. It would be great if people could answer as fast as possible. Thanks.

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=fdec9e68-d475-4c90-a6f0-8d720e617593

@thepalaias @LALisa @ 5thwall @htinla @TheNewDeal @shian (just to spam him) @Whilbo @whisper1 @collierlandry @jfilmmaker

• @vichiarris Okay, I'll stay tuned. :)

• @thepalalias Either way man. Not really sure of the turnout volume for each night though.

• So either Friday or Saturday or both? I'm there for at least one of the two - just let me know what works best.

• So it looks like we might add another night on the 25th. Still same area and prob same time as there's many people who can't come on Sat. So you have the option of putting up with fun traffic on a Friday night in Santa Monica or the baseball and college football crowds on Sat. I have a concert to go to on Friday so I'm still in for Sat. I'll post one of those polls again here soon but we'll need responses quick due to reservations and what not. Thanks.

• I would like to come... The last gathering I attended was very nice...

• @vicharris I'm in. Let me know the deets when you can.

• So it looks like we might have around 20 people so Barnies us out. If anyone has a good spot that can seat all of us, throw it out. I know there's a Mexican place that had a big, open back area.

• Probably going to be at 6:30. There's free parking for two hours in all the garages around there.

• @vicharris Can you specify the time?

• I may be able to make the 26th.

• not gonna make it. slammed. Want to, though. :/

• Depending on the time, I might be able to stop by.

• @vicharris sounds fun! I'll confirm schedule tomorrow. Be good to see everyone.

• @vicharris I'm supposed to start Heroes of Cosplay for SyFy that day, but not quite set yet, so if I'm free, I'm down to come play!

• @vicharris Sounds like fun - count me in. :)

• So I know this is last minute but I have a cool opportunity for any of you in the LA area this coming up Sat the 26th. I can't find the list of all that attended last time but I'll try to PM you all as well but let me know if anyone would be interested in trying out some new, unreleased gear at the Promenade and Pier on the night of the 26th. @wilbo @whisper1 @thepalalias @htinla @shian @LALisa @collierlandry @5thwall and I'm sure I forgot some but I'll try to dig up the list.

Think we're going to meet up at a place like Barnies, eat, have some drinks then shoot some stuff at the Promenade and Pier.