Personal View site logo
Meetup: Los Angeles Area
  • 231 Replies sorted by
  • Ok, well I'm Wilbo/William. In the pics I'm the stocky Asian guy wearing the orange Nine Inch Nails road crew t-shirt.

There was another William there too, but he was the nice dude with the full beard. I couldn't grow a beard to save my life :,(

• I have the list somewhere of screen names to real names. Misplaced it when I started ripping apart my kitchen. I'll look for it. Prob don't need to single myself out. I'm guessing Shian is good as well :)

• I have this other group of common interest friends from another blog that I've been occasionally convening with for almost 4 years now and I'm still sketchy with a few of their names. I guess at some point I realized that it was too late and awkward to ask, "Sorry, what's your name again?". Anyways, I'm the other asian guy with glasses and backward cap who was taking a lot of pictures - Henry is my name....pleasure to meet y'all.

• Thanks guys - you are being awesome about it. :)

Okay, so I guys it is my turn: I am Per, the other white guy with long dark hair and a beard in the pictures that is not Shian. ;)

@vicharris Best of luck with remodeling!

• Try the Echo Park Film Center it's 60 a night i think with Projector, theater seats, tables, kraft table, byob and just a chill venue. I am also a member. If any one might be interested.

• @whisper1 that's a fun idea!

@thepalalias - Much like Vic and Shian, I felt like you didn't really need to point yourself out either... you're our GH2 audio guru :)

@htinla - Sup Henry!

• So I know this is last minute but I have a cool opportunity for any of you in the LA area this coming up Sat the 26th. I can't find the list of all that attended last time but I'll try to PM you all as well but let me know if anyone would be interested in trying out some new, unreleased gear at the Promenade and Pier on the night of the 26th. @wilbo @whisper1 @thepalalias @htinla @shian @LALisa @collierlandry @5thwall and I'm sure I forgot some but I'll try to dig up the list.

Think we're going to meet up at a place like Barnies, eat, have some drinks then shoot some stuff at the Promenade and Pier.

• @vicharris Sounds like fun - count me in. :)

• @vicharris I'm supposed to start Heroes of Cosplay for SyFy that day, but not quite set yet, so if I'm free, I'm down to come play!

• @vicharris sounds fun! I'll confirm schedule tomorrow. Be good to see everyone.

• Depending on the time, I might be able to stop by.

• not gonna make it. slammed. Want to, though. :/

• I may be able to make the 26th.

• @vicharris Can you specify the time?

• Probably going to be at 6:30. There's free parking for two hours in all the garages around there.

• So it looks like we might have around 20 people so Barnies us out. If anyone has a good spot that can seat all of us, throw it out. I know there's a Mexican place that had a big, open back area.

• @vicharris I'm in. Let me know the deets when you can.

• I would like to come... The last gathering I attended was very nice...

• So it looks like we might add another night on the 25th. Still same area and prob same time as there's many people who can't come on Sat. So you have the option of putting up with fun traffic on a Friday night in Santa Monica or the baseball and college football crowds on Sat. I have a concert to go to on Friday so I'm still in for Sat. I'll post one of those polls again here soon but we'll need responses quick due to reservations and what not. Thanks.

• So either Friday or Saturday or both? I'm there for at least one of the two - just let me know what works best.

• @thepalalias Either way man. Not really sure of the turnout volume for each night though.

• @vichiarris Okay, I'll stay tuned. :)

• OK, here's the new poll. It would be great if people could answer as fast as possible. Thanks.

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=fdec9e68-d475-4c90-a6f0-8d720e617593

@thepalaias @LALisa @ 5thwall @htinla @TheNewDeal @shian (just to spam him) @Whilbo @whisper1 @collierlandry @jfilmmaker

• I am working on weekend plans regarding our next meet up... Hopefully I will be able to answer the survey question soon... I hope everyone is doing well.