Personal View site logo
Panasonic GM1 official topic
  • 237 Replies sorted by
  • I really like that it spanks the nikon 1 in the looks dept as well. It really is a cute little bugger isn't it?

• Height is 1LW :)

• I wonder if it can be hacked... 24P/30P is good enough for me!

• Wow that is a big difference

Z-panasonic-gm1_VsGX7.JPG
    1024 x 322 - 87K
  • With the Panasonic GM1 and its electronic first curtain, though, this vibration problem should go away completely. There's no first curtain to slam into the bottom of the shutter assembly, and the very light second curtain being driven via the stepper motor should contribute little or no vibration as well.

Heat-related performance limitations show up in two areas on the GM1, namely video and bulb exposure. While the GX7 can shoot 1080 video at a full 60p frame rate, the GM1 is restricted to 1080 60i or 30p. Clocking data off the sensor and processing it rapidly enough to produce 60p video just generates too much heat for the GM1's tiny envelope.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-gm1/panasonic-gm1A.HTM

sigma32.jpg
    655 x 446 - 44K
  • sigma30.jpg
    800 x 613 - 139K
    sigma31.jpg
    800 x 750 - 227K
  • Fun photo:

sigma29.jpg
    773 x 592 - 97K
  • The camera is impressively compact, smaller than the Pentax Q which features a much smaller compact camera sensor. When compact the lens is smaller than the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 lens being shorter as well as having a smaller diameter.

Focus is very quick, as is the norm for Panasonic (and Olympus) Micro Four Thirds cameras, and the focus can be set quickly using the touch screen.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/panasonic-lumix-gm1-hands-on-review-23197

sigma26.jpg
    663 x 558 - 63K

Small little gem.

sigma23.jpg
    568 x 325 - 16K
    sigma22.jpg
    573 x 349 - 46K
  • Cute pancake lens too - but it don't have a manual focus ring.

• Very cool! Although, I have a hard time getting excited about any F3.5-5.6 since it sucks indoors. Great for travel I suppose. Maybe I'm just upset that there is not enough traveling going on in my life. ; )

• Height of this thing seems to be exactly same as mount diameter :-)

Panasonic did very good job with design.

• I want the orange leather looking one.

• My wife will love it :D

I like the dedicated video mode, 24p!

• Soo cute:-)

• In the meanwhile, Panasonic is further expanding the range of LUMIX G digital interchangeable lens with the development of new LUMIX G VARIO telephoto zoom lens of 35-100mm in stylish, compact design that also matches the LUMIX GM camera.

New small 35-100mm is also coming.

• How small this little gem is:

sigma9.jpg
    800 x 353 - 47K
    sigma10.jpg
    587 x 428 - 67K
  • Cheaper and simpler shutter also used

The GM1 also houses a new shutter mechanism. The shutter itself uses a stepping motor rather than a spring-loaded design, resulting in a significantly smaller unit. The camera's sensor initiates image capture with an electronic first curtain. Using a stepping motor limits maximum mechanical shutter speed to 1/500 sec - after that it's all electronic shutter up to a maximum shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec (yes, that's three zeros).

sigma8.jpg
    800 x 348 - 47K
    sigma11.jpg
    584 x 441 - 61K
  • Looks very pretty. Wondering what the catch is going to be vs. the Gx1.

• @inqb8tr

I think they looks good on presentation for management. Cooler :-)

• Well, who would have thought. These motherfuckers are here to stay.

• I wonder where have I seen these strap lugs.

Sony A7? :-)

• I wonder where have I seen these strap lugs.

• http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-new-gm1-image-and-full-specs/

• Dial three of the top surface is machined aluminum
    • The size is (width) 98.5mm x 54.9mm x (height) (D) 30.4mm
    • The sensor 16MP digital LiveMOS.
    • High sensitivity is improved by 10% compared to the GX1. S / N ratio of 25% improvement
    • New two-dimensional noise reduction. New multi-process NR
    • AF is 240fps of the lens drive. -4EV Support for low-light
    • Electronic Level
    • Focus peaking
    • Wi-Fi built-in. In conjunction with the smart phone, can be remote shooting and transfer
    • LCD monitor is 3 inches 1.04 million dot, touch panel
    • Creative Control, scene guide, interval shooting, anime feature lapse
    • 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 OIS kit lens (eight seven groups, 3 aspherical, ED1 piece, two-stage retractable)