Personal View site logo
2K Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera, BMPCC - Availability and where to buy topic
  • 62 Replies sorted by
  • Interesting that while people are trying to find available sets across the globe, here in Singapore, there are pockets of people getting brand new sets and selling them online. I am quite sure they aren't selling them for profit (cos the margin cant be so huge as to warrant the trouble), which leads me to wonder if people in general have not taken a liking to it. At this time last year, when BMCC 2.5k was still on preorder, hardly anyone sold procured sets online on the same forums. At the last count, up to five sets were available

• Thanks. I ordered 1 yesterday at Safe Harbor and it is already on its way.

• Bagged one at Adorama yesterday with a lucky phone call. Had it shipped overnight & currently charging the batteries.
    I'd recommend calling Adorama before trying online... it worked for me :)

• Took 3 days. Got my camera just now. First few images off it are damn impressive. Thank you Safe Harbor. And no blooming or black spots.

• ordered one at adorama on oct 10, 2013 shipped the same day

• Don't order from Hot Rod. Worst customer service ever. They will NEVER return an email.

• CVP consistently mass order to obtain first priority on new products, then end up returning most of the stock from the "ghost" customers back to the manufacturer, having bossed the other suppliers out through sheer "order" numbers and BM got cute to this - hence CVP are in the queue like everyone else now - I've had the BMPCC for 4 weeks now from 3DBroadcast (incidentally where Bloom got his from - not CVP)

• @Mimirsan true they are a good company. But recently I received bad customer service. 1 out of 1000 doesnt mean they suck I guess. It was just very frustrating that they would not give me an answer to a simple question until the 10th email. So yeah that bummed me out. Anyways I am cancelling my order from them because I just managed to purchase one from a retailer in Seattle. Last one. So heres a list of the stores I got in touch with in the Seattle Area and Canada and their status on BMPCC.

Safe Harbor - out of stock. But they expect a shipment this week.

Advanced Broadcast solutions - stopped selling them because of the unreliable information BMD is giving out.

AnnexPro - out of stock. if you preorder with them now, its not until December when they will find out if you will get one in the year. :p

CVP - they havent finished April 8's pre orders. I was 60th on the list as of yesterday. Expected time of arrival on that, 2 months they said.

So good luck to everyone! I just hope the one I purchased from this small company is recalibrated already.

• @stanlymanly2 CVP are a decent enough company. Blackmagic's erratic production output is the actual problem. By time many get their hands on the junk another updated model will be on announced. Seems the Americans and larger euro countries will get it first...better "exposure" than our tiny island. ;-)

• WOW... CVP just changed their stock date to November 30th... Wth is wrong with that company that they arent getting shit from BMD? And they still wont reply about a god damn queue position!! SHADY AS F**K!!!

• Oh wow, Just ordered today (8th) and tracking says it will be here on the 11th. Very impressive Safe Harbor.

• Got my today at B&H, ordered on 4/10 just in case someone wants to know what date they are up to

• Guys stop ordering PLLLLeeassse I wont get my refund til like Friday at the soonest..... I think I may have screwed myself

• I just called Adorama. In stock. Mine arrives overnight.

Thanks for the tip!

• Looks like Adorama has them. I ordered mine on Monday afternoon and received it this morning.

• Cancelled my B&H as soon as I get the refund I am going to try Adorama I think.

• Well, I took the plunge and made an impulse buy. I live chatted with someone from Safe Harbor from the above link. They said they had 3 in stock and more on the way...so lets hope they weren't being shady. I'll let you all know in 4-6 business days.

• You have the cam or just confirmation of it shipping? Ok that answers my question thanks :)

• Update - received my order from Adorama! You guys might want to give them a call and see if they have any more in stock.

Definitely no black hole effect, and I haven't spotted any orbs yet either so hopefully it's already been calibrated. There is a dead pixel on the LCD, which really worried me at first, but it's not there in the footage so I'm happy.

Now I just need to get some more batteries...

• I believe Safe Harbor computers still has a few in stock: http://www.sharbor.com/products/BMDN5000012.html

• I "Pre"ordered one from Hot Rod Cameras the day of the NAB show announcement. Felt kind of buying somehting that wasn't there, but I also have been known to spend money that wasn't there too:)

Anyhow, I've forgotton what to do, because I only had to pay for the stamp. However, When I go to their site and look at my account online, there is no record of any transaction between me and them; nor have they contacted me with any information where my beloved postage money has gone.

I don't want to badger them, so I've just filed it for now.

Any one else here having the same experience?

Thanks

For now, abit of pocket pool is better than no pocket anything:)

• Check with lrtv.se if you live in Sweden on nearby. I got mine last week. They might have some units still as they ordered a whole bunch immediately after release and filled preorders after that (have no idea how many they have waiting in line).

• @muddmanrich Thanks for the information. I also preordered from BPM by the end of August. If they are shipping preorders from April, I'll probably have to wait yet another few months...

• @Illusionist_Films I ordered mine from BPM in Germany and it was ready to ship last week, but i sadly had to give up my order due to some unforseen financial issues. I ordered mine a week after it was announced. So they are shipping, i just don't know how much stock they have.

• Is it somewhere in Europe available yet?