Personal View site logo
2K Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera, BMPCC - Availability and where to buy topic
  • 62 Replies sorted by
  • Can anyone who's received their Pocket Camera from CVP help me? I asked CVP about my position on the list of pre orders but they are being really shady and not telling me anything. The last email I got was stating that they made deliveries for orders from April 8, 2013 at 18:00 / 6:00 PM UK time im guessing.

Has anyone received theirs yet from ordering after 4pm UK time on the 8th? if so, are they re calibrated already?

• Ordered from Adorama this past Saturday, shipped out today. Should be here tomorrow morning. Wasn't expecting it that quickly, but I'll take it!

• Got mine from B&H but preordered literally 1/2 hour after it was announced.... If you really want it quick, spend a day contacting a bunch of retails and put your name in with those that don't require upfront payment and hopefully one of them will come through.

• Ordered from B&H from Canada. Paid credit then tried to cancel my order but it never did. I then used the chat thing and cancelled it with an agent. Now its cancelled and gonna be a couple days before I get recredited. I found a small retailer in Canada. The owner said he had 2 orders to fill but they get cameras every week in small quantities. Now I should get mine within a week or two instead of this time next year. Good luck everyone.

• I ordered from G&G Technologies in New Jersey last Thursday, and they are shipping this week. Though I'm not sure if they are still in stock.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Yeah, when I spoke to a reseller here in Canada each order from BMD is only coming with a couple or a few camera's every week or so. Some small shops I've talked to only have a small wait list of sometimes 10-15 people, but if they are only getting a couple of cameras in a shipment, it could still be a month or more to wait.

@No_SuRReNDeR No problem man, good luck!

• @JuMo Great Advice... I called a local dealer and they said they 14 on order and no backorders in their system. So I think I will cancel my B&H and try that route.

Has to be quicker than the 800 lb Gorilla....

• @JuMo

Looking from inside, most dealers really have either no or very little stock. And it does not seem to be improving very fast.

• I'm currently quite seriously hunting for an in-stock BMPCC

Here is the official BMD reseller list for anyone interested. Only some resellers offer online purchase, so maybe you'll get more lucky calling a smaller local store on this list that doesn't do online sales.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/resellers?country=Canada&state=&sid=&mac=true&linux=true&windows=true&view=brief

• Yeah I figured as much... I have even seen a few on craigslist but that's even riskier in my opinion.

• @No_SuRReNDeR

It is just resellers aiming for fast money. :-)