Personal View site logo
DaVinci Resolve 10
  • 177 Replies sorted by
  • Maybe they want to make the footage look nicer from the start for unexperienced users.

• @Flaaandeeers Thanks mate -- exactly what I was looking for. Why don't BlackMagic make this easier?

• @ahbleza If you want the RAW footage to look flat so you can apply LOG LUTs, you can check this:
    http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/149157#Comment_149157

And yes, RAW footage is almost ready to deliver.

• I've been playing around with the raw capability on my Pocket using Da Vinci, and I'm confused. When I shoot raw with my BMCC, the image looks raw. But when I shoot raw in film mode (not video mode) on my Pocket, it produces images that look quite different -- as if they are not flat at all. And when I attempt to apply a LUT (such as Captain Hook's) then they look awful. The plus side is that the image looks beautiful straight out of the camera. Here's a sample attached, which has not been graded, and was shot raw in film mode.

Additionally, I'm looking for info on how you set up Da Vinci to use 12 bits -- when I try to change settings for a camera on import, it only gives the option of 8 or 10 bits -- how can I tell it to treat the DNGs as 12 bit?

1074849_656680851038230_1067333681_o.jpg
    1656 x 931 - 219K
  • I've just updated to 10 Lite - final from Beta 1, and got 1-2fps playback comparing to usable 15-20 fps real time playback in Beta1, same project opened with medium color correction applied (I have older graphic card but I can live with 15-20 fps).

Immediately returned to Resolve 10 Beta1, works fine, playbacks fine. Anyone else noticed that?

• After not finding a solution I manually set an in- and out-point on the timeline. After that it worked.

• Davinci 10 final just released!!

• @jrd Ahhhhh, I guess that's one of the new changes. I didn't research anything before I updated. Dumb mistake. Thanks guys.

• If you uncheck "create empty timeline" it should populate a sequence the old way.

• Yes, as jrd mentions, you gotta add those media clips to a timeline. It doesn't look like there's a default timeline anymore.

• @vicharris

Try this: after you load your media, go to the edit page, right click in the otherwise empty timeline window and create new time-line, then drag the media thumbnails to that just created time-line. If all that worked, you should now see your clips in the color page.

• @5thwall That's not it. I can add new footage to old projects that I created before I changed to the beta3 version but with any new project, I can load new files into the media page but when I go to color, nothing is there. Odd.

• @vicharris I believe you have to add the drives to the approved list of media pool drives, first. It's under preferences. I was able to load up clips from some FCP X events without any issue.

• @andyharris it's the same posting from the same person.

• @ahbleza +1 here. I have this on one project but not others.

This post shows that others are getting the same issue.

• even if the DL link is marked as b3 it is still the 10.0.0 installer and after installing the Mac version about Resolve indicates 10.0.0b054

• I switched to beta 3 and now I can't load any new media fills in new projects. Just a heads up. Might be me but as soon as I catch up on some rest, I'll delete and reload everything. Something odd is going on with 3 though for me.

• I ran into an odd problem with Da Vinci Resolve 10 that I haven't fixed yet. Maybe someone else can help. I import the edit via XML from FCPX. I do my grading, then go into the Delivery tab. I select all my clips, define the output path, add the job to the render queue and clicked on "Start Render" -- it fails with this message:

Batch item 1 has no record frames.

Please set at least 1 record frame before continuing.

This worked fine in Da Vinci 9. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

• Hi. How can I run resolve on a secondary monitor (not dual-using)? Thanks.

• Downloaded Resolve 10 Lite today and it runs on my laptop:

Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD A6-4320M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 1,5 GHz, 6GB Ram, 1600*900 display, GPUs are AMD Radeon HD 6470M and AMD Radeon HD 6520G.

I absolutely couldn't get Resolve 9 to work on this machine and I was sure Resolve 10 would require at least a full hd display as well, but apparently it doesn't,

Hope that's useful to someone.

• Thanks again --- I've been having some issues with the delivery part of 10 Beta -- hopefully fixes!