Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DaVinci Resolve 10
  • 177 Replies sorted by
  • Today at BMD in NYC, Alexis Van Hurkman demo'ed DaVinci Resolve 10 (alpha version). Yes the tracking and (in the full version only) the noise reduction looked fantastic. The NR has now seperate controls for spatial and temporal reduction. The temporal nr can be done using 0, 1, or 2 frames. I noted this, because I read @rean's Windmotion does temporal NR over 7 frames max.

Fyi, it crashed when he went to open the NR demo. He said resolve 10 will be avail "3rd quarter 2013... whatever that means" and while the editing & titling tools are good, they are meant for last minute fixes, not as a replacement for a proper edit program.

• Also he demo'ed it on a top of the line iMac and later on the floor ran it on a 2 year old 27" iMac.

• Testers of Resolve 10 are now allowed to talk about new features. Please see:

http://liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/cats-out-of-the-bag.1766/

• I have Resolve 9 -- is there a free upgrade to 10?

• BMD stated in the past that Resolve 10 Lite will be free again. Paid Resolve 9 users will have a free upgrade.

• I wonder if it will do mts import? Just wondering because of course at the moment I tend to edit elsewhere and import the files into a Resolve-friendly format, but that leads to big files (not a problem if you only render the clips you need for coloring, of course).

But if Resolve can be used as an editor it would be different as you'd want to import all of your raw footage, so if you can now work with mts natively in Resolve that would be a big plus.

• I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think native MTS support is coming in Resolve 10. For now it looks like those of us editing natively in Premiere might want to consider SpeedGrade which now dynamically links and edits Premiere timelines without proxies/intermediaries. I would rather use Resolve, of course!

• Good news! Resolve 10 public beta now available for download! Follow the link and choose your version: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

• Here's the text announcing the public beta...

DaVinci Resolve 10 Public Beta

As you might know, we have been working hard on DaVinci Resolve 10 and we are very happy to let you know the public beta was posted onto our web site today for download.

If you are a DaVinci Resolve user then please download this new version and check it out. We have both the full DaVinci Resolve 10 as well as the DaVinci Resolve 10 Lite editions posted for download.

DaVinci Resolve 10 is a major upgrade that includes new features for integrating the workflows of multiple different software products used in the film and television industry. DaVinci Resolve 10 has upgraded on set tools, upgraded editing features, support for OpenFX plug ins as well as new tools for delivering final project masters to cinemas. Other changes include the addition of Ultra HD resolutions and additional GPU support on the free of charge DaVinci Resolve Lite edition.

This is a free update for all DaVinci Resolve customers and we hope you fall in love with the new features we have worked hard to include in DaVinci Resolve 10. We think this is the biggest update to DaVinci color correction in over 30 years!

We have also added to the DaVinci Resolve page on our web site two videos showing whats new in DaVinci Resolve 10 and how to get started with DaVinci Resolve 10. These are great videos to watch even if you're an experienced colorist because there is lots of really powerful new features and these videos explain these and more from a colorists point of view!

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

• Did anyone find the direct download link? I can only find the Lite version.

I used this link: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/detail?sid=3948&pid=4446&leg=false&os=mac

And got "Sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Perhaps you would like to go to the Blackmagic homepage or the Support page."

• @ahbleza --- you're right, fails after you enter your details.

• Ah - that's what I was talking about - the Lite version public beta, v10. I'm playing with it at the moment (I chose the PC version, though).

• Somehow it doesn't work. Installed Resolve 10 lite on PC where I had Resolve 9 lite installed. Did start several times computer new, but just see typical introduction window for a second and then it's gone and nothing happens further. Introduction windows only says "starting up".

Any idea what I made wrong.

• @Mark_the_Harp I've installed the Windows version as well, but am getting an error message saying my hardware does not support OpenCL. What graphics card are you using?

• OK looks like they fixed the download issue with the Mac 10 Beta version.

• @muddmanrich My graphics card is an NVidia GEforce GTX 580

• @tida Don't know - I basically installed it from the file I downloaded, and didn't remove anything first or anything like that. Sorry to hear you're having problems. :-(

• @Mark_the_Harp deistall and reinstall Resolve 10 even doesn't work. Reinstall Resolve 9 works without problem. Tried different thinks even deactivate antivirus etc. Seems to be that I have to wait for another beta update :-(

Graphic card is NVidia Geforce GTX 570

• about to try the full version now

• Using full version of 10 Mac version now, seems to be fine. Just installed over my licensed version of 8 on iMac.

• Problem solved. Resolve was trying to use the onboard Intel Graphics plus i had to roll back my Nvidia driver to 310.90 (Jan 2013). So far, so good...

• No dice on importing FCPXML. :60 timeline. Footage was multiclip. That's probably the issue.

• A few new features were slipped in at the last minute that either aren’t in the manual, or are easy to miss. Here, is a short list of some new features you should know about:

http://vanhurkman.com/wordpress/?p=2784