Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Definitely shooting my next short with DrewNet T9. My card has been able to handle it well.

• Drewnet T9 is amazing. Thanks a lot @driftwood for amazing work once again. I'm going to try Spizz next.

• I have issues with Moon T7d in FSH and HBR Mode, 24p seems to be ok.
    I have tested it with both of my GH2, same behavior. The Card i use is a SanDisk Extrem Pro 64GB/95.
    Lens Nokton 25mm, Shutter 50/s, ISO 500, F2,8. Camera powered by AC-Adapter . I filmed a Movie from my TV, Cam on a Tripod to get the same Picture Sequence for every Shot.

HBR, Natural Profile, iD2 iR3; recording stopped after 15 Min (2 MTS Clips)
    HBR, Smooth Profile, iD2 iR3; recording stopped after 7 Min (1 Clip)
    HBR, Natural Profile, iD2 iR off recording stopped after 29 Min with "Card Speed to Slow" (5 Clips, 1 Clip lost (3Min))
    HBR, Smooth Profile, iD2 iR off recording stopped after 7:10 Min

FSH, Natural Profile, iD2 iR3 Camera freezes after 2:23 Min (Clip lost)
    FSH, Smooth Profile, iD2 iR3 recording stopped after 20 Seconds
    FSH, Natural Profile, iD2 iR off recording stopped after 2 Min with "Card Speed to Slow"

All Clips shot in 1080. 720 Modes not tested

• Rent my Camera to a Friend, shoot @ Moon T5 He's no Proffessional, so don't blame the movie, sometimes it's somewhat shaky xD

• Password: spizz

These are the second test shots with the GH2-Patch "SpizZ T6" (untouched/no grading). But this time with the final version. I´m pretty happy with it so far and will keep it until the new GH4(5) will come out. The "Cyclassics" are a bicycle race in Hamburg... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vattenfall_Cyclassics

Music: Stephen Anderson

• Has anyone had any audio issues with T7? My audio cuts in and out a lot, with both internal mic and ext. I'll try an earlier firmware one of the days when I have time, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

• @lmackreath It should work; I use 64GB 45MB/s Sandisk Extreme cards and I haven't had issues. Previous hacks I would sometimes get write-errors in 720p/60fps (SH Mode) with high detail and constant autofocus, but I haven't really used that with Moon T7 yet.

• 1 GOP Intra 'moon' T7, (trying both versions). Card SanDisk 95MB\s.

• Can anyone confirm if moon T7 does or should work with a sandisk extreme 128gb 45mb/s card?

• Some screengrabs from VLC. Footage straight out of the camera. No Post work done yet. All I can say is, Thank you so much @driftwood for Drewnet T9. It is just amazing. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/ynsf.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/zjlt.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/pm2i.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/uxph.png/

• @thepalalias what do you mean by flashed once?, i have the moon t5 loaded on the camera for like 2 weeks and the issue appeared today, but i agree there are a lot of variables, but if it now appears when i´m using the stock firmware (ill use the same battery the same card and the same lens until the battery ggets out of juice) then it is a hardware related problem, but if it doesnt, then it was a software issue

• @lolo I understand - best of luck with the feature. :)

But for what it's worth, so far there's nothing to indicate that it has anything to do with Moon T5. There are too many other variables involved (the battery having been recharged, the issue only having occurred when the setting was flashed once with no evidence of repeatability) and it's the only reported instance of the issue so far after months of use with the setting by a lot of users.

I think it's good that you mentioned it, because if someone else has it, then we know to start looking at what's going. But for now it's just data in a "for future reference" file rather than anything to inspire caution. :)

• @thepalalias i´m sorry but it scared the shit out of me :p, i dont want to risk a brick, because i´m currently unemployed and i´m writing a feature that i expect to shoot with the gh2, i´m sorry but i´m not willing to... i just thought that the community should know

• @lolo Could be - it's hard to say. I know my Canon 50D wigs out when it gets low on battery in the grip.

• mmmh perhaps the battery was the issue, beacuse to load the stock firmware i had to fully charged the battery (it was a panasonic original though)

• @lolo That is odd. I haven't encountered that with T5, but would you be willing to test the repeatability of that? We'd have to rule out the most likely possibility (which is that the camera was having issues that were not related to the settings but stopped glitching the next time the firmware was flashed) by doing 3 flahses consecutively.

1) Flash Moon T5 and try to recreate the problem. If successful, go to step 2. 2) Flash Stock Firmware and try to recreate the problem. If unsuccessful for an extended period of time, go to step 3. 3) Flash Moon T5 and try to recreate the problem.

If you're up for the testing, it would be helpful to report your findings. Honestly it sounds like there's something wrong with the camera (like you mentioned) that is the real culprit in this case. But there's nothing wrong with being thorough and it's possible that if there's a pre-existing problem with your camera, that the problem is better highlighted by a high-performance setting than a standard one.

Still, it would be the first time in years of using hacked settings that I heard of an issue like this popping up just with hacked settings, so it would be nice to know one way or the other.

• I have something weird to report using moon t5, (but i´m still not sure if that is the cause, it seems more like a hardware problem, but the weird thing is that i change back to the stock firmware and the problems seems to be gone)...

i was using the gh2 for pictures and suddenly the lcd kind of displayed only the green channel, then sometimes the red, sometimes the blue, and sometimes the actual picture, sometimes the image appeared proportionaly distorted, like skewed and with a magenta tint, sometimes i could only see a portion of the image or it displayed a whity yellowish image, sometimes it displayed something that looked like a vertical interlaced, someimes an horizontal interlaced, etc... it occured quite randomly, and only when i rotate the lcd,

i tried using the viewfinder, and most of the time the viewfinder worked as expected, but every now and then it displayed only a portion of the image, and sometimes the left side of the image turned solid green whenever i pressed the lvf/lcd button...

still though, i dont know, it looks more like a problem with the cables on the articulated lcd, but since i have changed to the stock firmware the problem is gone :/

(using cinema profile, idynamic on, auto white balance, the 14mmf2.5 pancake, and the 64gb 95mb/s extreme pro sandisk)

• GH2 CLUSTER X.

• Why not both?

• @Rambo From those screen grabs, you're here for one of two reason. 1. To pick up your grandchildren(Which are VERY young grandchildren:-) ) or 2. Kill me. Not sure which one though. :)

• Cluster X DREWnet Trial 9 stopped recording after 14 mins. No Spanning. HBR 25P on SanDisk Extreme Pro 95Mb/s card. Will try some new tests. File size was 4.29 GB.

• My favourite setting is Moon T7 for GOP1 Intra. It has the most consistent noise pattern for noise reduction in post production. I have just tested Cluster X DREWnet Trial 9 long GOP and it shows less noise in the darker areas than the stock firmware and works really well in FSH interlaced mode. I am testing water flow in a stainless kitchen sink as it reveals any colour artefacts in shadow areas. I shot using stock 14-42 kit lens, High Bitrate & FSH, ISO160 f7.1 50th sec shutter. 24fps not tested as I use all my footage in the PAL world. Screen grab for reference; not full size.

Screen Shot.png
    1024 x 579 - 927K
  • This one (moon T7) is my favorite. I've been testing 25p for a few days now and quality is all good. Done some lowlight, under exposure and camera movement tests and i'm surprised how close it is to 24p. One problem thou: after 7 min. recording stops. Tested using Sandisk Extreme Pro 32 and 64.

• First time using Moon T5 and attempting something cinematic in looks, so I'm just looking for some feedback on a grade and a lens for a short i have planned.

GH2, Canon FD 50mm 1.4, Moon T5 24p, Smooth profile -2222, graded in Sony Vegas with 3way CC and AAV ColorLab, no sharpening.

Before and after snapshot from video frame, natural lighting. Thanks.

Image3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Image2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters