Personal View site logo
Two G6 Cameras or One GH3
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • If you don't need live video/audio monitoring, get G6.

• @jakepowell I know how you feel. I loved my GH2. Got a really good offer on it and decided to upgrade. I agree about the unknown. I am not guaranteed to have a BMPCC by my next shoot.

Has anyone here had a chance to compare footage from the G6 and GH3? I know G6 has focus peaking (Which I love) and 60p (Which I can use).

• The third: one g6 whit the best lens you can take.

• I'm picking up a G6 tonight. Using as a b-cam with the GH3.

• i love my gh3 , i really do. there are certain things i feel it does much better than gh2, it has noticeable more DR, more efficient codecs, less green colour cast, and many more frame rates / codec options which make it a much more complete beast. however for an indie production i'm not sure how much more superior it is in image quality , if at all. it does however handle much better and my workflow is much improved. g6 looks promising but i haven't used one personally so don't feel qualified to give an opinion - I will say i find i shoot most stuff with one main cam anyway and tend not to use multi cam set ups... this may just be me im just not used to it so take it with a pinch of salt. the bmpcc may not be out or with you for ages , i love the look the bmcc gets and have little doubts that the pocket cams footage will be great but for me deciding to use a product that we have no idea if it will be with us by the time we are shooting is risky and far too much of a headache . i would get some nice glass and a gh2 again personally but seeing as u just sold ur gh2 i realise this isn't what you want to hear . nonetheless this is honestly what i would do .... alternatively g6 deal from PV deals section and set of glass that matches well . my 0.02$