Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Two G6 Cameras or One GH3
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • I'm using the Panny 12-35, 7-14, and 45-200. They all work great on both cameras. I also have a loupe for the GH3 that helps for those outdoor shoots. Focus peaking on the G6 is pretty nice.

• From everything I have read both the GH3 and the G6 utilize 24 Mbps Bitrate in AVCHD. I am using Sony Vegas for editing. MOV files choke the life out of Vegas.

So I stick with AVCHD or I may have to move to another platform for editing. I have the horse power and ram to run just about anything on my PC. Can always upgrade ram if I need more.

What would be a good PC based .MOV editing software?

• Hands down, the best NLE out there to edit AVCHD (.mts or .mov...etc.) is Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/CC. I use Media Composer/Symphony, Premiere Pro, and Vegas on the same computer, and have no issues editing the native AVCHD files in Premiere Pro, even without a CUDA graphics card. The other 2 NLEs choke when trying to edit the same files. Note: My Vegas is old version 10; hopefully versions 11 and 12 had improved on this regard.

• Will Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 handle .mov files out of the box or will I have to download other software? Also, Is there a ProRes solution for windows?

• Mckinnise, as far as I know, there are only half solutions for ProRes on Windows. Meaning, you can read the ProRes files but won't be able to output or transcode to ProRes. If you want to stay on Windows, my recommendation is, get Premiere Pro CC or CS6 and edit the files natively. Adobe Prelude, which is included with Premiere Pro CS6 or can be downloaded from the Creative Cloud, is a great application to import and preview AVCHD.MTS files from Panasonic cameras.