Personal View site logo
Development status topic
  • 223 Replies sorted by
  • @jobless

I try to focus on few cameras that I have. Just do not have time for anything else.

• Keep on trucking if i remember it took close to a year for the gh2 to be hacked? Considering the gh3 only went out in November time I think we are on good course for the camera we dream off and hopefully gh users can steal back some of the magic lantern thunder.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I would like to have been among the G5

and yes firmware G5 Updated (Jul. 9, 2013) http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/index.html

Thanks!

• @pulsef1, What happened with G5 - an update?

Footnote: it's okay, I got the info

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I just wanted to reach out and say thanks for doing all the hard work of figuring out how these camera's work and helping people make wonderful things for less! Looking forward to any GH3 news as it comes along. Sent some pizza and beer money your way!

Thanks again!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I, too, wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you've put into making these cameras even better. I've been enjoying the GH2 hack for the last couple of years, and am looking forward to a higher bitrate for my brand new GH3 someday. ;) Just sent you a bit of cash for even more pizza & beer.

• I have a GH3.. I am new to the whole hacking thing (I had ML on a 5D2 for a while) but never had owned a GH2. What's "working on making dump" for the GH3 actually mean/what's involved?

How long after that is completed could we expect a hack for the GH3? Will it work on both PAL and NTSC models?

If I own an NTSC model would it be possible to get 25p and 50p framerate options? (did anyone ever do that for the GH2)?

• @Sanjuro GH3 dumping process will finish off when VK has his required test equipment through. The GH3 is different to the hacked GH2 so its a fresh start in a way. Completion is down partially to how much time and test gear VK has - this is why its IMPERATIVE that GH3 users donate to the paypal link above to support him to do this. Test cameras and engineering equipment are needed.

Its highly likely that it will be switchable PAL/NTSC like the GH2 can do. If you can't wait - pick up a cheap 2nd hand GH2 - its still a fabulous camera with the hacks.

• I've now donated 20 for gh3 and g6 hack.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Can release G5 for easy firmware version for the Russification of the menu. With the main languages​​: English, Russian, French ... Thanks!

• Dear GH3 hack developers, please try to make possible to use AE-Lock button in video mode as it should be: one touch locks all values till the next touch. Now it's not comfortable, i must hold this button all the time to prevent the changes in semi auto modes. =(

• It is not clear to me if Vitaliy at this point has a GH3 or not. If not, I'll be happy to donate some money, but again, not sure based on the posts I have read so far.

• @driftwood, Yeah pick up a cheap GH2... here in the US I have seen people asking for 2000.00 for a used HACKED camera. Sure.. GH2 is a very, good camera, especially all the work that went into it over the last 2 years. It been incredible to participate. Money and Testing.. @Vitaly, @Cbrandin and the Pasadena gang. What a team. So like it was in the beginning, this is for the people that want to turn the key and drive or .... pay your debt. its like going to the cinema, you have to pay to watch. For me, the next leap will be.... 2 more GH2'S Thanks Gentlemen.

• Just donated $50 to the GH3 fund. Wanted to put in $100 but that option isn't available.

I don't even own a GH3 yet. I just want you to hack it to see what people can do with the thing.

• Just bet\donated :) some $ that you are able to get this GH3 thingy dumped. Thumbs up and thanks a lot for your work!

• Thanks.

Few necessary guys are on holidays now. I am also on holidays (kind of). We'll get straight to finishing dumping after it. Plus releasing update fixing few GX1 bugs.

• I've also contributed with some $ to encourage Vitaliy's work on GH3 dumping and so on. Good luck, Vitaliy!

• Thank you for working on the GX1 (which fixes G3 as well) Thank you!

• Vitaliy I understand it's difficult to explain what you're working on; I assume you jump around as opportunity and creative insight directs. So what would be VERY helpful to me, and others I think, is a list of things you are very doubtful will happen. For example, I have a GF3 and G5. They're both cheap cameras now. For the video artist, they only have on huge drawback--lack of full manual exposure control/lock in video mode. If you said in a list that it's doubtful that can be accomplished, I might just sell them and get the G6 (even though it's not cheap). Naturally, no one here wants to stand over your shoulder, but a static page that gives your latest expertise and what can, and probably cannot be done, in the future would be a HUGE reference! You could update it once a week, say? Thanks for all your hard work! This site has been very helpful!

• im rooting for you guys and the gh3 hack. keep up the good fight! :D

• @maxotics

Right now I am on (kind of) holidays.
    As I'll be back I'll update topic with plans and nearest things.

• Keep up the good work Vitaliy on hacking the GH3. Chances are the GH3 is similar to the upcoming GX7, so once the GH3 is hacked you'll probably be 3/4 to the way there for the GX7.

• Love your work VK, $50 your way a bit back for gh3. Hope you had good holidays NOW BACK TO WORK :-p

I need to see what my babies are really capable of!

Thanks so much and good luck

• Do I just donate off the main page, or is there a special donate button for GH3 somewhere? Sorry if that is a stupid question.........

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions