Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Development status topic
  • 223 Replies sorted by
  • Personally, I never cared about RAW. I'd love to have a robust, professional codec, 422 or 444, 10 bit would be great on a prosumer DSLR. If that doesn't happen, Blackmagic ProRes is now here for $3K. If you wait a bit you can get Blackmagic Pocket camera for $1k.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, I know this might be a difficult question for you to properly answer... but how strongly do you feel that you'll be able to successfully hack the GH3? And if you feel confident that you'll be able to do such, what do you suppose the time frame for delivering such a hack might be? Thanks for all your hard work. It's widely appreciated!

• Vitaliy, I know this might be a difficult question for you to properly answer... but how strongly do you feel that you'll be able to successfully hack the GH3?

It is strange question. :-) I am not a jedi, so feelings are bad helpers here.

As I'll have GH3 dump and will work on it some time I'll tell you.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Haha, understandable, thanks. I look forward to hearing how everything progresses! Best of luck :)

• No offence but I'm under the impression that we will not have an hack for GH3 this time.

I hope to be wrong

• Well, VK's far too busy moderating PV ;)

• No offence but I'm under the impression that we will not have an hack for GH3 this time.

Clearly P-V attract species connected with the Force.
    One is calling to feelings, another has strong impression, and third perfectly know why I am too busy.
    Go to jedi training academy you must...

• Haha @Vitality_Kiselev, playing Jedi mind tricks they are..

• Just my two cents VK. I bought a GH3 knowing that a hack may or may not be possible. If it comes, I'll have a better camera. If it doesn't, I still have a very good camera.

Thanks for all you've given us!

• @peternap I'm with you 100% on that. I'm just thankful that Personal-View exists. @Vitality_Kiselev Thank you for your time and effort! You have an amazing website.

• I'm in agreement with the two above , but I am still secretly hoping everyday that it happens ....regardless cheers VK

• To me PV has been more important than any hacks, keep up the good work VK

• Is there any Hack for GH2 being worked on at the moment? Or is this battle fought for now? :)

• Remember people that your two cents only become one cent after PayPal has taken their cut. Don't give VK only two cents!

• Is there any Hack for GH2 being worked on at the moment? Or is this battle fought for now? :)

Yep, but it clearly needs more time spent.

• Hi Vitaliy, is there a tutorial out there that we can look to for how to help hacking the gh3? Or do you have any advice or tools on how to get started? Cheers, Jayson

• Does GH3 using same encryption method? And dump meaning only decryption, Otherwise dump including reverse engineering for constant, table, method?

• @neochae

Dump is dump. GH3 uses different file format. As for encryption we could tell only after dump reversing.

• Then i am curious, how far is the dump reversing progressing right now?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks for your reply. :)

• Then i am curious, how far is the dump reversing progressing right now?

Check first post in the topic.

• So, I'm presuming not much progress for the G3 as of currently, am I right?

• I would think that Panasonic saw how popular the GH2 became because of the hack. So it is my idea, that they have made hacking much easier on the GH3 - no encryption, or only super-easy "pretend" encryption. I'm waiting for Vitaliy to tell us how wonderfully easy Panasonic made it.

• @RottenCarcass I wouldn't bet on such clever thinking within the big brands.... Vitaliy made them feel silly few times after another in only few months (after hacking "unhackable" GH1, than the GH2 with the FW1.0 and just after also the FW1.1) so actually it wouldn't surprize me at all if they have fired after that whole their encrypting crew LOL

• Donated to support this project. Thank you for your hard work!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions