Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • That seems to be a bug, obviously.

• Great idea gib...simple and effective!!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Where is the discussion topics and update of the GH3 Hack. Thank you

• Technically, with Panasonic releasing another GH3 firmware update, wouldn't the development efforts for a potential GH3 hack start over? IANAP.

• But the point of a mirrorless camera is to keep the size down and the GH3 makes it the size of a DSLR. Additionally, they tried to jam pack a ton of buttons on the camera which didn’t totally work out for the ergonomics. Seriously, there are around five custom function buttons all over the place. Additionally, coming from the OMD and working with Leicas before, I really missed the feeling of those classical knobs and dials in just the right places. This felt a lot more like a DSLR–and may therefore also appeal to a whole nother level of customer. I’m obviously not that person.

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/07/01/review-panasonic-gh3/

Quite weird opinion. For me GH3 is too small.

• looks like a well driller... but what a nice BG bokeh, drooling 8-)
    @Manu4Vendetta thanks for shaking , meant sharing

• New firmware is avaliable.

1."Low Light AF" is added that makes it possible to set focus on the subject in low-lit situations (-3EV).

2."Silent Mode" is added which suppresses electronic shutter, shutter sound, operation sound and flash emission with a single setting.

3."Exposure Comp. Reset" is added which resets the setting of exposure compensation to ±0 whenever the camera is turned off or the shooting mode is changed.

4.Performance of AF is enhanced in use with H-PS14042 and H-PS45175.

5.Connection problem with Apple Mac computers via Wi-Fi is fixed

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/index2.html

• has anyone got the gh3 to work with a mac? I though the update helped this yet i still can not figure it out I feel really stupid that I can not figure this out.

• i cant connect it to my mac either!!

• @therichreports and @toxotis70 have a look here guys
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5389/gh3-wi-fi-questions-and-apps-discussions/p3

I reconfirm that works both jpeg and raw, at least the send while recording (which is what I'm interested) kinda a very painfully hyper slow tethered mode. how I miss my usb cable and easily tether away to the moon and beyond, snif

• What I would like to see in a new firmware is the possibility to set a name of the photographer like Copyright in the exif by default for all pictures!!!

• I'm still waiting with a purchase - I would first like to hack?!

• GH3 touch-screen focus pull demonstration - handheld. Does pretty well, with the 45-175mm lens: no pulsing, bouncing, or seeking:

• Looks really good markr041. I recently bought a GH3 and am currently taking my time deciding which lenses to buy. Currently I am using a Pany 14-45 that I bought when I had a GH2. The 45-175 lens is one of the options I am considering.

• Hi all, can anyone tell me what the status of the HDMI output is for the GH3? I had heard that HDMI output shuts off after 5seconds, unless recording an SD-card at the same time, which then limits me to 30min as I am in Australia. With the new firmware updates has this been resolved? I am looking at possibly purchasing two Gh3s for events and live streaming for my workplace. The 30min shutoff is a real issue so was thinking of streaming to a software or hardware switcher (Maybe a blackmagic Atem studio) and recording from there... Can anyone tell me if It is possible to just record the HDMI out stream now for as long as the GH3 has power? Thanks heaps.

• How's GH3's evf? Is that really that bad? Smudging toward corners?

• @groovejet 45-175 is the only m43 zoom I have. Occasionally it hits $200 price range.

• How's GH3's evf? Is that really that bad? Smudging toward corners?

I don't think it's really that bad. People just want something to complain about...

Compared to a pro-cinema EVF? Yea, it could probably be better. But it works just fine. Point is... the difference between most people's work, and that of Janusz Kaminski, is not the EVF.

• I don't know much about a pro cinema evf, but how about compared to GH2?

• @bwhitz LMAO Nice Janusz pull.

• @bwhitz I totally agree. When I am a better cinematographer than my GH3 can service, then i will bitch and moan and buy something better. Until then Im happily playing catch up.

• A simple question almost always leading to one of these: cinematography, organic, hack, blah blah

I found this review useful. http://noamkroll.com/gh3-vs-gh2-and-initial-thoughts/

• @ Stonebat I like the GH2 EVF better for focusing. Maybe its my eyes? but I find it much easier to hit focus with the GH2 evf. But others have a difference experience. I like the GH3 for everything else.