Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @towi

In the NTSC side, the camera froze in the close-up shot. :-(

I am adjusting the encoder setting now.

For example,

Encoder setting 4 1080i=18

How is the result at the time of changing this value with 18 to 19, 20, or 21?

• @towi

I'm fine, mate! Also you?

Unfortunately Valkyrie TZ4 doesn't survive my codec torture test in HBR/25p mode

Many thanks for feedback from you. Although it is usual, my test in the PAL side may be insufficient.

In TZ3, FB&FL had to be low set up according to the condition by the side of NTSC. In this TZ4, stability in 60fps mode was slightly made into the sacrifice, and it was made in order to raise the image quality of HBR30p. I think that might have affected even in the PAL side, but it will be solved by adjusting the GOP tables. I will do! :-)

• @cbrandin

Hi mate, :-)

It seems that GF2 differs in a situation from GH2 although I am not detailed.

Although these are not the results under the perfectly same conditions, when I compare GF2 with GH2, it is such always a result. This will be because it is 60p of a fake in GF2.

Valkyrie_444_TZ4_BETA_GF2_60p_14_1000_room_sp_qp.png
    1295 x 633 - 549K
    Valkyrie_444_TZ4_BETA_GH2_60p_14_1600_room_sp_qp.png
    1296 x 633 - 394K
  • @coors Thanks for your comment, mate! :-)

It is very interesting that you were able to obtain the good result also in GF2. I try, when I also have time.

• @bkmcwd

Hi mate! How are you?

Unfortunately Valkyrie TZ4 doesn't survive my codec torture test in HBR/25p mode (and mine is most likely not as demanding as yours since I never use auto-dynamic range or auto focus... or auto-anything). TZ3 on the other hand runs really great (and stable in all modes) on my cam ...

• @coors Are you sure about that? It's possible that the GF2 uses a different time stamp scheme than the GH2, but I want to be sure that StreamParser is indeed incorrect before I change it. You can do a quick and dirty test to confirm - divide the clip file size by the length of the clip (in seconds) and then multiply by 8. That should be fairly close to the video bitrate (slightly larger). The screenshots he shows for 1080i are correct, and they show a bitrate of 65+Mbps. In an earlier post (http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/128510#Comment_128510) he shows a screenshot for a 720p clip and that's also correct showing 50+Mbps.

• @bkmcwd Hi, Your latest iteration of Valkyrie, Type_Zero4_Beta, works VERY well, in my opinion, with the GF2. I shoot @ 720p almost exclusively and did not have to modify your setting this time to get extremely pleasing results. Mbps, @ 720p, varies from 17.3-37.3 and these are not very busy scenes. Streamparser shows these numbers as 35-75 Mbps, but they have to be halved. A program by the name of "Bitrate Viewer" shows the correct numbers, though. Thanks very much for your good work!

• Explanation was added. :-)

• Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO4 & Lite

bkmcwd "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO4 BETA" (Standard) - seta.ini - Released 05/07/2013

bkmcwd "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO4 Lite BETA" - setb.ini - Released 05/07/2013

There is no change about 24p from TYPE-ZERO3s. Because, there is no need to change.

Although iA and iDynamic range modes cannot often be available in 60i and 60p of this TYPE-ZERO4, in the other mode, it realizes high IQ with high bitrate rather than TZ3.

This TYPE-ZERO4 is also the version as which "balance of gradation and resolving" was considered in all the modes. (Scaling Matrices are the same as TZ3 or previous Lite.)

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use in the modes other than 60i and 60p.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to All silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Pure Original 444 matrix from cbrandin is adopted in 24p mode

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18 / 'Standard'

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound) / 'Standard'

• Upto 110M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18 / 'Lite'

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound) / 'Lite'

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only with 'Standard'

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24H and 24L both with 'Lite'

• Fully working iA and iDynamic range modes if you require them (Take care only in 1080/60i and 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in all the modes

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.

*Supposing you use "FSH" or "SH" mode safely in 60p, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic range control. In HBR30p, HBR25p, 50p, it is satisfactory at all.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO4 BETA.zip
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO4 Lite BETA.zip
  • Hi, :-)

I almost completed new Valkyrie 444. I will release it soon.

• Duke BETA3.1

UPDATE(2013/07/14):I have released Duke_BETA3.1.

In BETA3.1 version, 1080i/HBR/PAL is only changed. There is no change in NTSC side.

Duke BETA3

"Duke" is a new setting based on the new concept, but it is in the structure high reliability at the same time.

If the character of Duke is denoted by a word, it may be said that it is "middle of the GOLGOP3-13 and GOP3ZILLA".

Or more simply, it will be the setting "which raised resolving of GOLGOP3-13 more."

For the Suites by, I am not sure yet whether the best in this. However, I think that both of GOLGOP3-13 and GOP3ZILLA users are pleased with this.

Previously, I prepared the standard type and the Lite type also in Duke . However, even in the "standard" type, in-camera playback is possible almost, this update is only in the "Standard". If you need a "Lite" type, then I will also provide it.

Other than 24p, all modes are improved in this BETA3.

*24p is completely the same as previous BETAs.

Please tell me your impressions! If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust. :-)

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest Duke.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in Duke.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the scene of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*iA mode works in 24p, 1080/50i, HBR25p, 720/50p modes.You need to be careful in 720/60p and 1080/60i. (Not tested full yet, but probably)

*i-Dynamic Range Control is not often available in 720/60p and 1080/60i.(You must be careful when using it in these modes.)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. Also in other rec mode, almost available.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd Duke_BETA3.zip
    bkmcwd Duke_BETA3.1.zip
  • I am improving Duke until the matrix for Spizz is offered from Nick.

These are the samples of Duke_BETA3 mainly improved in the NTSC side. (HBR30p)

Duke_BETA3_HBR30p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1294 x 635 - 596K
    Duke_BETA3_HBR30p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 631 - 540K
  • @towi

Thanks mate! :-)

• @bkmcwd

About Spizz T6, since I am considerably satisfied with T4, I cannot decide the directivity of improvement now.

PM sent ;-)

• @donniewagner

Thanks for your question. :-)

Did you build your steadycam seen at the beginning of your YouTube video? Or did you buy it? Or Buy it and modify it?

I am making all by myself. Although, Of course, I am referring to the commercial items...

• @bkmcwd Did you build your steadycam seen at the beginning of your YouTube video? Or did you buy it? Or Buy it and modify it? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• @mjonas67

Thanks for your comment again! :-)

Then I thing that the problem came from the spanning. What is strange is that I have just shot pictures of me working at my desk. There was no big movements or low light.

Hmmmm...Such a result with SanDisk 95MB/s SDXC is very unexpected. With my card, it spans also in high stressed scene, and has not frozen at least. However, I live in NTSC land, the total number of test less is also a reality.

I am looking forward to your results in BETA8s.

• Duke BETA2

"Duke" is a new setting based on the new concept, but it is in the structure high reliability at the same time.

If the character of Duke is denoted by a word, it may be said that it is "middle of the GOLGOP3-13 and GOP3ZILLA".

Or more simply, it will be the setting "which raised resolving of GOLGOP3-13 more."

For the Suites by, I am not sure yet whether the best in this. However, I think that both of GOLGOP3-13 and GOP3ZILLA users are pleased with this.

Previously, I prepared the standard type and the Lite type also in Duke . However, even in the "standard" type, in-camera playback is possible almost, this update is only in the "Standard". If you need a "Lite" type, then I will also provide it.

HBR, especially 30p are improved in this BETA2.

*Other than1080i and HBR, this is completely the same as BETA1.

Please tell me your impressions! If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust. :-)

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest Duke.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in Duke.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the scene of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably) (Take care only in 720/60p)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. Also in other rec mode, almost available.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

bkmcwd Duke_BETA2.zip
  • @bkmcwd Thaks for the beta8. I'm going to try first the sanity 3 for long recording. With the golgop3 beta7, when the picture has freezed and when I wanted to get it, in the card there were 3 rush of 4,29 go. Then I thing that the problem came from the spanning. What is strange is that I have just shot pictures of me working at my desk. There was no big movements or low light. After my show, I'm going to try your beta 8.

• In the newest GOLGOP3-13_BETA8s, I thought spanning as important most and adjusted them.

Possibly span capability was slightly low although the higher bit rate could be used in HBR25p of BETA7.

In BETA8s, the span capability in HBR25p is adjusted just like HBR30p.

Although I think that BETA8a is stable enough, please try BETA8b, when you need stability more in HBR25p.

Supposing you are thinking span as important, please try these BETA8s with 95MB/s SDXC card. :-)

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA8a and BETA8b, GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA8a and BETA8b

I release the new "GOLGOP3-13-A2" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2" settings.

All of these matrices are the same as before. The changed parts are only in PAL side.

These BETA8s are aimed for stability of spanning in HBR25p.

*BETA8b may span easilier than BETA8a.

*Although I think that BETA8a is stable enough, please try BETA8b, when you need stability more in HBR25p.

*These have passed the continuation zooming test for 6 minutes or more with Panny AF lens.

*Please try them! And many thanks for feedbacks from you!

*If these are also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @ojiko, @syoushow, @Mrhechang, @Shon, @spreeni, @kankala, @abraham1307, @jul, @towi and @mjonas67!

And especially thanks to Nick @driftwood. :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 120M in 24p, about 75M in HBR, about 70M in 720/50p, about 60M in 720/60p.)

*'MAX' version and 'A' version are completely the same except 24p.

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest GOLGOP3-13s. It is the middle of a Sedna matrix and a stock character. If I say plainly, it will be the Sedna matrix optimized in 3GOP structure.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A2.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX2.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p of GOLGOP3-13-MAX2, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably) (Take care only in 720/60p)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. Also in other rec mode, almost available.

*These cleared the continuation recording test for 30 minutes over 3 times using the test chart in each all the modes. (Only in 720/60p, without iDynamic modes)

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA8a.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA8b.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA8a.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA8b.zip
  • @mjonas67

I tried the recording continuous in HBR25p of GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA7 repeatedly. Specifically, the recording for 30 minutes or more was repeated consecutive three times. However, neither freezing nor stopping was in the result, and it was satisfactory at all.

Wasn't what was frozen possibly a portion of the last of a card in your case? It seems that it hardly freezes even if it cannot spanning and stops, but it freezes in every high-bit rate setting in the shortage of card capacity.

Anyway, I am preparing GOLGOP3-13 further stabilized in 25p now. I will release it today or tomorrow. Please try, supposing you are interested in it. It is the setting adjusted only in the PAL side. :-)

• @mjonas67

Many thanks for using GOLGOP3-13 and feedback! :-)

the Golgop3-A2-Beta7 is more stable ?

No. It is completely the same in HBR. I will check and try to adjust it later.

For my show do I download the original firmwire to be sure or is there any hack less powerful than golgop3 but more secure ?

Although not tested in detail, in my settings, the HBR of Valkyrie 444 Lite or GOP3ZILLA4 may be safer in long recording.

And the advice from towi will also become your reference.

@towi

Thanks! :-)

• @mjonas67

GOLGOP3-13 (Beta6) never crashed on my camera in HBR/25p mode. But I've never used GOLGOP for long recordings...

Spizz (Trial 4 by @bkmcwd) should be stable in HBR/25p: http://www.file-upload.net/download-7714122/Cluster-X-Spizz-T4---bkmcwd---720p50-adjusted--95MBs-SDHC-32GB-.zip.html

Then again 3GOP settings are not economical settings... so maybe not first choice for (very) long recordings.

100% reliable in HBR/25p mode with pretty low filesize (but at the same time really great looking footage) is "Sanity V3": http://www.file-upload.net/download-7714121/SANITY_V3_edit.zip.html

• Hey, I'm a beginner with GH2 hack. I have a Sandisk 95 mb/s 64 go card. I did some tests with the golgop3-13 - A2 - Beta6. I did some long shots in HBR 25p because in few days I have to shot a show of 1 hour an a half. 2 times I shoot more than 1 hour without any problem. But at the third try at 28 minutes the picture has freezed and my camera was bugged. And it was impossible to export the rush. Then my question is : the Golgop3-A2-Beta7 is more stable ? For my show do I download the original firmwire to be sure or is there any hack less powerful than golgop3 but more secure ? Thank you.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters