Personal View site logo
My thoughts on the Shrigg Jig and cage
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    It'll be cool to get a TrusMT cage deal for GH2. I'm in!

@Marks
    I think your rig is very front heavy especially with the mattebox. It doesn't help that the camera is sitting so high up. Can you lower it?
    Once the camera is mounted on the cage, it should not spin, otherwise it really defeats the purpose of the cage. Most cages will secure the camera firmly with just the bottom screw, why do you need the top bolt for? Design flaw?

I think the price of the cage is very good, but it is not suitable if you are thinking of mounting a big lens and mattebox to it.
  • All I said about the cage was "And cage is good idea, but design leave lot to be desired.".
    I am holding to this opinion. If I am using using cage on the rig I like to have have option to quickly dismount camera.
    About HDMI lock - it is a must. Period.

About IndieSystem.
    As an owner of UltraCompact I can say that it had been and still is very good solution.
    But having rig made from Weifeng and other Chinese parts and comparing them I do not want to get any more IndieSystems parts for now. May be they'll improve, but I doubt it.
    Era of DIY like things with DIY like quality is over.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Have to disagree with your assessment of the cage. The spacer missing on the top and the lack of some type of cork or something to keep it from spinning are not major things to overcome. Should I have to do it....no. But for $99 it's a good piece. I'm not saying it's better than the MT cage. The MT is $300 and looks a little bigger.....but how much crap can you/do you want to hang off of it. If a lot then go for it. I also don't see a great advantage to an hdmi lock unless you are re-making Blair Witch and crashing through the woods.
    For some one that doesn't need a big cage and wants to spend the extra $200 on something else, it's not bad.
    I'm speaking strictly about the cage.....not the rods and mount hardware.
    Mark
  • I'm in for the TrusMt cage :) as well.
  • I'm looking forward for the deal on TrusMt cage :)
  • Great that there are plenty of cage options. I designed this cage for basic protection and accessory mounting at an affordable price.

@marks Thanks for your input, I agree that the mounting should be more forward to allow better balancing. I'll pass your feedback along.
  • As I remember one of the talks, they want to adapt HDMI clamp to GH2.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Yes, hook us up with the TustMT cage - that HDMI latch looks awesome - hope they can show us a picture of it with the GH2 inside, as it's originally designed for the Canons - or have they tailored one specifically for GH2?
  • If you ask me, this cage, rods and camera base are worst products of IndieSystem.
    Rods are flexy as hell, I mean comparing to proper, good carbon rods.
    You already told about camera base.
    And cage is good idea, but design leave lot to be desired.
    TrusMT cage is much better, hope we'll have deal arranged on it also :-)