Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • Hey guys, anyone able to determine if the I-dynamic setting (not high dynamic) has any affect during video? I have been testing it myself and haven't noticed anything different according to my eye. The affect on dynamic range during video from High Dynamic mode on the other hand is pretty obvious. I am only exploring the I-dynamic feature at this point because you can apparently use it in manual movie mode (unlike high dynamic!). Thanks!

• Had anyone noticed the GH3's vari angle screen is a PenTile display? I looked at it with a handheld microscope and I saw the same subpixel arranement as recent Samsung smartphones with AMOLED screens. This probably why the panel isn't 900k+ dots.

• PAL GH3s do not have the 30-min limit in mov mode (1080p 25 at least), only in mp4 and avchd. I have not verified it, just relaying the info.

• @larsarus , my GH3 has the limit even in MOV mode ... I think PAL GH3 outside EU (Australia) don't have that time limit.

• @feha Hmm, the guy said he had the limit for the two other modes though. I'll do some testing tomorrow on mine myself.

• there is 29.59m in left bottom corner if it limited or more if its not. No testing requiter. Mine is limited even after main board replacement :(

• Review on the GH3, couldn't find it on personal view via search so thought i posted it here:

http://anderson-images.com/gh3-extended-tele-converter-changing-composition/

• A short Ad that I shot with the GH3 and Voigtlander 25mm.

• I just got the gh3 and so far i love it. One thing that peaked my interest is the fact that it can shoot 20 photos a second at over 3K resolution (I think). I don't have any experience with the hacks for previous cameras, but it would be awesome if that jpeg burst mode could do 24fps and give us ultra HD image sequences.

• Would the timing of it be right though? It might not be exactly 24 fps, more or less or having variations in the speed of frames and your sound is out.

• I just finished my sci fi short filmed using the GH3. I only had 3 months to finish for a contest so it's not the best quality at times. This is the first time I did not use the flattest setting in a camera and I so regret it. It was to saturated and contrasts at times and their is moire here and their. And I will definitely use a lens hood next time because I had bad flaring at times witch made color grading difficult in some shots. I used the pan 20mm and Olympus 45mm. Clandestine

• @grierdill That's an interesting idea. The FZ200 has a 60 fps burst mode with 3.5k, but its only available for 60 frames. I wonder if its possible to increase it to 600 or 6000 frames at one time.

There might be a hardware limitation regarding memory allocation.

• @taawp

It is all memory limitations.

• I'll try a test, just out of curiosity, to see how long the burst mode can shoot and check the "frame rate" once it's turned into an image sequence.

• So doing the high-speed photo-burst at 2336x1752 resolution (the only size available for Super High burst) the GH3 was able to shoot exactly 20fps for 79 images. Shooting at 4K raw, it was able to do around 5 or 6 fps for 20 images.

• @AonAnderson correct reflection glasses after 23 minutes, you see the troupe

• @ldbonilla

Nice editing bro ... I like Wayne from League of Legends .. Can you tell us more about how u edit this speed shoots.. Ty

• Hey maxmizer,yeah I'm aware of all the mistakes.After July when the winner is announced I will upload the improved film with fixes. If I don't get the new black magic 4K camera in time to film Clandestine part 2 I am going to film clandestine part 2 at the GH3 flattest settings and film at 60p do the CG then render out at 24p. Rolling shutter is the worst thing when working with CG.

• Hey everyone. Here's a music video I shot in a day and edited the next day. It was quick cash and yeah, didnt really get to put my best into it. She had a script and shot list and I followed it. Editing was ok, the grading was hard. It was very tough to grade in some parts because I dialled in the wrong white balance. It was challenging and lesson learned. Anyways, judge, critique and dissect away. I need all the help I can get. Thanks everyone :D

Gear: Panasonic GH3 Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 Lumix 14mm f2.5 Canon FD 28mm f2.8 Nikon 50mm f1.4 Soligor 135mm f2.8

• Can you tell me why cant I or how to get tele mode/crop facer in photo mode? I only can get it in video.

• You need to lower the resolution of the image. Go to menu and select a lower image resolution and then ETC will work

• Nice job stanlymanly2. With the script you had I wouldn't change a thing.

• hah... thanks Sph1nxster-that makes sense

• Just received my Gh3( previously owned a gh2) and going a safari trip in 2 days.... I'll have panasonic 14-140, nikon 50/1,2, nikon 180/2,8 , nikon 70-300 vr , tokina 11-16 , tamron 17-50/2.8 , nd filters , I'd like recommendations for optimal settings for video... From what i've read here ,i'm thinking to use 1080/50p(pal) .mov with 1/100 shutter (multiples if i intend to do slow mo) and 1080/50p avchd when in low light....natural profile with -5 contrast and noise reduction,-2 color and -3 sharpness for 14-140 but 0 for other lenses, so i can have room for some editing... Iso max.1600..

Any other thoughts,please share..

Thanks!

PS Wish i received the camera a week ago.. :-(