Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • thank you feha!

• Wooops, sorry, I didn't knew about the hacking process or firmware format... Anyway thanks and good luck @Vitaliy_Kiselev!

• @emonty

do all custom settings remain after the upgrade?

This is the best question I have seen all day and yes they do remain.

• lol, upgraded thxs...all good

• Looking good on the firmware :-)

• Exciting times. :) Got mine upgraded after a few attempts - the GH3 wouldn't detect the bin-file on my 64GB card while the (empty) DCIM ++ directories still were on the card, but when I formatted a smaller (4GB) card and removed the default directories I got the update to run.

• @driftwood that's good news.

2 things I was hoping to see come out this release was ability to have hacked custom settings, or possibly a fix to the ugly noise Shian Storm and others reported using the 72mbs ALL-I codec.

• @Skenzin Intra settings should be able to be improved... ;-)

• Upgraded 10 minutes ago and it's all ok. @emonty In my situation the Custom Settings are still the same. ws.

• @Skenzin The ugly noise Shian Storm and others reported using the 72mbs ALL-I codec is because 72Mbps is simply not enough even with the benefits of adaptive 8x8 transform. 4x4 transform with the hi bitrate GH2 Intra hacks are much better.

• I also have problem updating firmware with my 32GB card, so I had to use smaller capacity (16GB) to update the camera

• @driftwood interesting. They were probably scared of getting lots of returns, 72mbs = 9MBs, was probably a decision to keep compatibility with all true class10 cards.

• what do we want? A GH3 HACK!! when do we want it? WHENEVER @Vitaliy_Kiselev AND @driftwood can make it! :D

• Just small update. I got GH3 body today.

• It is in good hands :)

• Time to play Vitaliy !!!!

• Excellent!

• Great news! I just made my first donation. Can't wait to see what you can do Vitaliy, and thanks again for all of your hard work.

• @manstok blow up the japanese models !!! I have a japanese body collecting dust unless vitaliy can take care of this with the hacking or non hacking or whatever magic he does... I might try your steps anyway, who knows...

• A short video i made shot on the gh3. :)

Concept: I turned 22 today, so i made a video over night. 2 hours to compose and shoot and edit 2 angles 2 lenses used 22 seconds long 22 by taylor swift playing

i hope you like it! :)

• @stanlymanly2 22, Holy shit Im old?! LOL :-) Can't wait to see the 33 and 44 year birthdays!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Wow, that's a cool tip! It'll help me learn German :) . Do you know if the camera has more of those little secrets?

• @driftwood haha yes! i cant wait to see what id do for the coming up ages! thanks for watching! :D HACK HACK HACK HACK!! :D we want it! :p hugs to all!

• Bought an NTSC GH3 second hand today for $1000 after hearing there's no new 60p cameras @ NAB. I'll be testing it against my fav DSLR of the moment the D5200. The cadence issue has scared me off the GH3 until now but I need a 60p B cam to go with my ???? A cam.