Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @Azo

Thanks! :-)

That card is absolutely required when using these settings.

• my head will explode between so many choices, so many settings/hacks, like a kid in a candy store cant decide which candy to devour first.

• @dado023

I understand. :-)

Especially Valkyries are the settings in which gradation was thought as important. It is remarkable especially in the modes other than 24p. Please try, supposing you like such a character.

• @dado023: valkyrie 444 24p is in my opinion the best 3gop setting outthere and one of the best overall. I can highly recommend it. Great characteristics and super stable :)

• Just in time for my shoot tomorrow. @bkmcwd without going into too much detail, what are the main differences between 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' ?

• @chickenpusher

what are the main differences between 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' ?

Chris explained this in the past. :-)

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/101633#Comment_101633

• @bkmcwd - Thanks that is the post I was looking for.

One more question, is there a particular reason why 720/60p isn't a 3GOP like the 720/50p?

• @chickenpusher

is there a particular reason why 720/60p isn't a 3GOP like the 720/50p?

It is because the limit of the bit rate which can be treated is low only in 60p as already known.

I think that this is because the resource required for processing of 60fps is probably quite heavy. Since the bit rate which exceeds 70M in 50p can be used, it is set to 3GOP.

BTW, in my GOLGOP3-13 etc., 60p is set as 9GOP. This is for using the bigger I frame than Valkyries. If it will set to 6GOP, I frame size will become small and image quality will worsen.

It is because I frame size cannot become large easily in these matrices as to why it is set to GOP shorter than other settings in Valkyries.

Is it transmitted correctly in my English?

• Thanks @bkmcwd, your English is great!

I really love your settings, as you know. The reason I ask about the 720/60p is because I want to use these setting tomorrow for a shoot that will include a lot of 60p with shutter speeds from 1/120 all the way to 1/4000 for use with Twixtor.

Do you think the 60p will be ok for this type of shooting?

• @chickenpusher

Thanks mate. :-)

Do you think the 60p will be ok for this type of shooting?

Honestly, since I myself hardly use 60p, I am not detailed, but I think that it is OK as long as I looked at other users' work.

• Thanks for the settings @bkmcwd

• I used "bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_BETA3 & Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA4" 24p mode.

Thanks for amazing quality settings and your hard work!!

*FILM MODE is NOS.(-2,0,+1,-2) and the lens is LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm/PZ45-175mm, NOS(-2,0,+1,-2)

*SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I (95MB/s) 64GB

• @har_k very nice footage, poetry in little things, i like that :)

For which part did you use which setting and which did you like better?

• @Mirrorkisser

Thank you for watching!

"Cinema Smooth" part is the scene which "water" is expressed. Others are "444".

I like "444" slightly now.

• @har_k

Many thanks always mate! :-)

Based on the feedback from you, I began improvement of Valkyrie instantly. Please cooperate in the test usual.

• Few questions regarding "Instantaneous Death Screen"

1) is 1280x720 original size on vimeo, it takes 162MB mp4?

2) What to do if camera freezes? just turn OFF an ON?

tnx :)

• SanDisk 8gig 30mb/s 24h did not span. Recorded flawlessly though with your death chart video. I was seeing around 121,000mbps on average. Its raining today so cant go outside to get shots :-(

• @Mirrorkisser

" @dado023: valkyrie 444 24p is in my opinion the best 3gop setting outthere and one of the best overall. I can highly recommend it. Great characteristics and super stable :)."

after you suggested, i have hacked my GH2 with this setting, but when was recording Instantaneous Death Screen video it broke, coz of card speed issue, so i only got 3minutes and 4seconds.

This is from streamparser: File: Name: F:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00021.MTS

Size: 2,552,561,664 Bytes (427,296 Packets)

Stream: TS Max Speed: 152,470,600 bps

Mode: 1080/24p

Average PCR Timing Interval: 0.093 seconds 

Clip Duration: 0:03:04.10

PCR Duration: 0:03:04.20

TS Bitrate: 131,749 / 110,858,235 / 152,500,418

I am assuming my card is not fast enough, so my question is, what would happen if i manually decrease bitrate using PTtools for example -20mbits, i guess it should work stable then, but will it screw up video IQ?

• @dado023

Thanks for your questions! :-)

1) is 1280x720 original size on vimeo, it takes 162MB mp4?

It seems that an original file cannot already be downloaded since time has passed considerably since upload. However, it will be satisfactory if it is "1280x720."

2) What to do if camera freezes? just turn OFF an ON?

After turning off the power, it is necessary to remove and return a battery once.

BTW, I have noticed that it brings about the stress in which the continuation zooming with AF is severer than this Death_Screen.

what would happen if i manually decrease bitrate using PTtools for example -20mbits, i guess it should work stable then, but will it screw up video IQ?

Did you try 24L before it?

• @omnidecay

Thanks for your feedback. :-)

95MB/s SDXC is completely different from other cards as pointed out repeatedly.

IMHO, If the high-bit-rate-ized settings is used, I think that 95MB/s SDXC is a must-have item. Although it may be able to use by chance with other cards...

BTW, did you try 24L?

• @bkmcwd

" Did you try 24L before it?"

To be honest i didn't try 24L, i went straight to 24H, but i guess 24L would work, since it is lower bandwidth. But i wonder, what would happen if i manually decrease bitrate in .ini file ?

from

1080p24 High Top Setting=138726

1080p24 High Bottom Setting=124853

1080p24 Low Top Setting=113956

1080p24 Low Bottom Setting=102560

to

1080p24 High Top Setting=128726

1080p24 High Bottom Setting=114853

1080p24 Low Top Setting=73956

1080p24 Low Bottom Setting=62560

will these different numbers work?

• I am a little confused about one thing.

"Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)"

Does this mean that we should first switch to 24L and then switch to 80% slow-down mode? And does this mean it plays back at 1080p30?

• @dado023

i wonder, what would happen if i manually decrease bitrate in .ini file ?

If Top&Bottom is also changed simultaneously, I think that it is satisfactory. However, the balance of the bit rate and Top&Bottom is important also in such a case.

For example, as for Top&Bottom, 118578&106720 will become a standard supposing you set the bit rate as 123M.

It is important that it is Bottom/Top=0.9.

Of course, since I have not tried this combination, I do not know what kind of result is brought also including IQ.

• @chickenpusher

I am sorry to be poor at my explanation in English.

Does this mean that we should first switch to 24L and then switch to 80% slow-down mode? And does this mean it plays back at 1080p30?

It means "that it is necessary to certainly change to 24L when using 80% mode."

As you know, the 80% mode is only recording the file shot in 30p as 24p. Therefore, in the camera side, it is recognized as data size of "30p=24px1.25."

If 80% will be used in 24H, the highest bit rate of substance will go up around 175M. This is over the limit of the bit rate which GH2 can treat. In 24L, since it is set to "118Mx1.25=147.5M", the limit is not exceeded.

Of course, the file recorded in 80% is 24p, when it is played as it is. If play speed is increased, it will be reproduced as 30p without a sound.

In my present settings, only Valkyries and Spizz cannot use 80% in 24H.

Was it transmitted in these explanation?

• 100% clear now. Thank you!

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters