Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @coors

Is there something that I can change in the settings to get playback to work?

I do not know how much the buffer size for the playback on GF2 is. Therefore, though regrettable, I do not know in which setting it can play back on GF2. Although it can play back satisfactorily on GH2 ...

• Thanks for your reply, @bkmcwd ! I tried Driftwood's 'Moon Trial-5', last night, and in 720_60P it plays back perfectly, on the GF2. Is it possible for me to copy some of his 720_60P parameters over to your settings?

• @coors

Thanks for info! :-)

I tried Driftwood's 'Moon Trial-5', last night, and in 720_60P it plays back perfectly, on the GF2.

Since the frame limit is quite low, Moon T5 is set up so that frame size may become quite small. Although I am not detailed about GF2, probably the frame size which can be played back on GF2 will be stopped low.

Is it possible for me to copy some of his 720_60P parameters over to your settings?

I regard this as FSH also changing and balance collapsing, if changed since the same parameter as FSH is included.

For example, even if you try C1.5d or C1.5d, can't it play back on GF2?

If a playback is possible in these, I may be able to improve with the following BETA version.

Valkyrie 444 TZ2 C1.5d http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/95603#Comment_95603

Valkyrie 444 TZ2 C1.5e http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/100690#Comment_100690

In my idea, since I do not want to make the maximum frame size small as much as possible, I think that I cannot but solve by change of GOP length.

• I apologize for my English is horrible but it is absolutely not my mother tongue.

I find the GH2 hacks and motion flow seems to be a very good compromise for functions and stability but I am surprised that nobody is trying to work our sampling GH2.

Currently it seems to me is 4.2.0 but I see only hacks who seek more flow but not switch to 4.2.2 or 4.4.4, is there a reason?? ???

Is that the Flowmotion works well and has no bugs because I work both in 1080p25 1080p24 than 1080i50 or that Ai and often with the auto-focus.

Thank you for your advice and congratulations to all.

• Hi, @bkmcwd . I knew about the frame size/playback limitations early last year, but I got rid of all of my m4/3 gear shortly afterwards and I had forgotten this information. I did try Valkyrie Beta1.5d, but no playback either. No, I wouldn't want a longer GOP just to get playback. I'll manage fine without playback in 720_60p. Thank you, for your good work!

• @coors

No, I wouldn't want a longer GOP just to get playback. I'll manage fine without playback in 720_60p.

I also agree with your idea. In GH2, 24p of Valkyrie cannot often be played back with a camera. However, it promises high image quality rather than dropping on the frame size which can be played back.

Although it is GOP3ZILLA and GOLGOP3-13-A2 that are conscious of the ability to play back with a camera clearly among my latest settings, in GF2, I do not know whether it is possible.

• Soon, I am going to release new GOLGOP3-13.

I think that this is quite better than BETA5.

Renewal of Spizz or GOP3ZILLA is planned to the next of this release. :-)

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

I am going to release the New GOLGOP3-13s on March 13. I am doing the final test now.

• That is wonderful news! Thank you so much! I was wondering, what of the different Sedna matrices (A, B or C) is GOLGOP-13s based on (and why)? Thank you.

Regrettably, the final test of 60p has not finished yet. Hopefully, I would like to release it by this weekend.

@rapsoe

Thanks always! :-)

what of the different Sedna matrices (A, B or C) is GOLGOP-13s based on (and why)?

I tried all the variations of Sedna in 3GOP. As a result, I thought that SednaAQ1C was most suitable for 3GOP. However, since low qp could not be effectively used when SednaAQ1C was used as it was, I modified a little it. The matrix is the "EX matrix" adopted in GOLGOP3-13.

• @bkmcwd thank you for your answer and for all your hard work. Looking forward to try the new GOLGOP3-13!

"GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA6" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA6"

I release the new "GOLGOP3-13-A2" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX2" settings.

All of these matrices are the same as before. The main changed parts are having realized Freeze-les and high-bitrate in HBR and 720p.

In BETA6, the bit rate higher than BETA5 can be used on a general scene.

*These have passed the continuation zooming test for 6 minutes or more with Panny AF lens.

*Please try them! And many thanks for feedbacks from you!

*If these are also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @ojiko, @syoushow, @Mrhechang, @Shon, @spreeni, @kankala, @abraham1307, @jul and @towi!

And especially thanks to Nick @driftwood. :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 120M in 24p, about 75M in HBR, about 70M in 720/50p, about 60M in 720/60p.)

*'MAX' version and 'A' version are completely the same except 24p.

*The original matrix is adopted in the newest GOLGOP3-13s. It is the middle of a Sedna matrix and a stock character. If I say plainly, it will be the Sedna matrix optimized in 3GOP structure.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A2.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX2.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p of GOLGOP3-13-MAX2, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. Also in other rec mode, almost available.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA6.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA6.zip
  • @bkmcwd

hi,

GOLGOP3-13 is getting better and better in HBR/25p mode. A2-BETA6 looks really good!!

Survived my codec torture test even on SanDisk 30MB/s SDHC 16GB cards - cool!

Thanks a lot, mate ... great work!

• GOLGOP3-13 MAX2 is very good. Great work @bkmcwd. Spizz Trial 6 now awaits your attention :-)

• @towi

Thanks mate! :-)

Since I tested considerably also to the PAL side this time, having spent many hours, I am glad to get the words from you.

I think that this can bear even continuation zooming satisfactorily.

• @driftwood

Thanks Nick! :-)

Spizz Trial 6 now awaits your attention :-)

Yes, of course, I am also beginning to test Spizz. However, I have to improve Valkyrie before that. It is because I received the report of having frozen in 24p with SanDisk 95MB/s SDHC.

About improving of Spizz, I am going to consult with you by PM again. Though regrettable, since I am busy now, it is likely to take time as usual.

• @bkmcwd I like your patches very much, because i need stability in HBR25.. Just a couple o questions. What's the main difference between golgop3-13 and spizz? Which do you prefer quality wise?

• Hello bkmcwd, today I took a quick look on the new GOLGOP3-13 (which is looking very good, so far). I havn't been here for a while but the difference between Spizz and golgop would be interesting for me, too. As far as I understood driftwood did some new things with auto-quantisation (or something like that). So the question is, is GOLGOP not up-to-date anymore? What do you think?

• I used "bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX2_BETA6" HBR(30p) mode.

Thanks for amazing quality settings and your hard work!!

*FILM MODE is NOS.(-2,0,+1,-2) and the lens is LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm, PZ45-175mm

*SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I (95MB/s) 64GB

• @thomisus

Thanks for using my settings! :-)

What's the main difference between golgop3-13 and spizz?

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/112244#Comment_112244

I also regard this description as becoming helpful. If I say roughly, GOLGOP3-13 is also using the same matrix in all the modes as like Valkyrie. Spizz is a hybrid.

Which do you prefer quality wise?

Since I both like it, I use properly in feeling.

• @spreeni

Hi mate! :-)

So the question is, is GOLGOP not up-to-date anymore? What do you think?

Thanks for your question. I think that GOLGOP3-13-2 was completed in the BETA6. Of course, if fault is found, I will correct it immediately.

Since "auto-quantisation" works correctly only in LongGOP according to Chris, I am not going to use it for 3GOP settings. These are only my personal views.

• @har_k

Many thanks always for your help mate! :-)

Thanks to the help from you, GOLGOP3-13 new, was pretty good.

And, thanks for good sample footages!

• This is a sample in HBR of following Valkyrie 444 TZ2.

Valkyrie_444_TZ2_BETA3_HBR30p_ISO160_sakura_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 540K
  • @thomisus: in my opinion valkyrie is the best 3gop setting out there. It has an excellent gradation, its super reliable and i like the overall look a lot. So its one of the settings i like the most, out of the camera even without grading it looks superb, while other settings start to shine once you start grading.

If you feel like going for Intra settings, then Intravenus, Moon 3 and 5 and also the older sedna settings are superb.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters