Personal View site logo
Aputure Amaran LED AL-198C and AL-H198C with adjustable color
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • Micheal J Fox cam! :)

• @matt_gh2 Nope, I don't have this one. I have 2 of the 508s. Not sure about the color temp on it but you could always correct itit with minus green if need be. I really like the 312s for car interiors though. Just wished i would have used 1/4 minus green instead of 1/8th.

• @KevinTraywick

Anyway, try to make better demo of issues. And also show in that ranges it happens.

• @vicharris, I just posted the video b/c Vitaliy asked so chill if you don't like it. @matt_gh2, i have the same lights and did a car interior with them. in fact, we're shooting one tonight. you can match the 198C to the 312. just be careful to check for strobing at certain temperatures. @vit, 1/50, 400, 2.8 I think.

• @vicharris Hey, I got 2 of those 312s off your recommendation and love em. Was thinking about this 198C to complete a three light setup. Did I remember right that you had a 198 and used it with the 312 for a car interior shot - if so do you think it's a good match for my 312s? Thanks.

• I agree with you @Vitaliy_Kiselev. The last thing in that video to worry about is the damn light!

• I made 198C topic, repost, please

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6261/aputure-amaran-led-al-198c-with-adjustable-color

As for your video. Mount camera on tripod, use gray or similar target, use proper aperture. As it makes very hard to understand that you are showing here at all. Also provide used shutter speed.

• NIce light but there is some strobing at some color temps in mine. Upper left corner in this video:

• is the Aputure AL-198C's light intensity actually equal to 99 LEDs or the full 198 LEDs

Not 99 LEDs, of course until you turn it to extreme setting. Usually best setting with best CRI is in between. And light output is about 30% less compared to 198. Normally 198A has another advantage as it has leds with much lesser degree spread.

• Hi! I was wondering, since the Aputure AL-198C led light has adjustable temperature by having half 5500k and 3200k bulbs, does it a less intense light when compared to, say, the Aputure AL-160 led light which has single color temperature? Or to put it in a different way: is the Aputure AL-198C's light intensity actually equal to 99 LEDs or the full 198 LEDs?