Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Aputure Amaran LED AL-198C and AL-H198C with adjustable color
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • The problem is that the spigot won't come off from the light stand (I tried real hard).

I just figured I might need something like this: http://www.thomann.de/fi/manfrotto_026_lite_tite_swiveling_adapte.htm

In that picture, on the top side, there's a hole that I can attach the spigot into. I wouldn't want to pay that much for this product though, it's way more than I paid for the stand!

If anybody knows an alternative solution, I'm happy to hear.

• @duckpark:

Oh. Ok. You need the other way around ^^. Hmm. The adapter you linked to (in your last meassage) will work. As the small LED light adapter (with the 1/4" mounting hole) also fit´s in flash shoe mounts. So you can use such a tilting adapter with a flash mount on top. (You could even use an umbrella that way - Also nice to have ^^.)

Btw.: Just search for "umbrella svivel adapter" (over Ebay or Amazon). These adapters normaly have a flash shoe adapter on top. (And a female 5/8" mounting hole on the bottom ...) And they start at just a few bucks.

You could also use a normal standard ballhead adapter. (If you light stands are equipped with a 1/4" stud / screw on top.) BUT: It´s easier and faster with the umbrella svivel adapters ...

LG

• @Tscheckoff Thanks a lot! I appreaciate you for taking the time to help me.

• The Aputure H198C produces beautiful light. It's really a joy to use. I had no problems inserting a Sony NP-F970 battery into the Aputure H198C . The on-board battery indicator is very useful. The ability to change colour temperature on the unit is a huge plus! Highly recommended! Worth every penny!

• I am also very happy with the H198C and also have had no issues with other Sony batteries.

@Vitaliy When I ordered this light (the C version), it did not come with a diffusion filter. I see that is listed now as included. I've searched but cannot find a lead to purchase just a stand alone filter for this light. Any leads on your end?

• I see that is listed now as included. I've searched but cannot find a lead to purchase just a stand alone filter for this light. Any leads on your end?

Manufacturer can change contents wit time. I'll check on their current package.

• @Vitaliy Greatly appreciated!

• Are there any tools available to turn those LEDs into real spots?

• I would love a tungsten diffusion filter for this light if it is possible to order one.