Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @tdan84 Check this post: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6429/cluster-x-series-2-moon%D0%85r%D1%96zznebuladrewnetslipstream-redshift
    Here you will find the "latest" settings.
    You will have to consider the kind of work you do and the type of card you have, in order to choose among all the options.

• Hi people,

Firstival, many thanks to Driftwood for all the hard work.

I work with 3D/Motion Graphics over 10 years and had already several camcorders, i'm new here in the forum and new to Videography with DSLR (GH2). I opted to buy an GH2 instead of a GH3. Because of the mature Hacks and lower price fore the camera body. So i could invest in better glasses.

Im realy not complaining, im just lost. Where can i find the "latest" version of the various patches from driftwood? In the firs pages of this thread there are many versions but the Date of posting is 2012.

Updates to the patches are posted always on the first page? or Throughout the thread?

Sorry for bad english, my mother languages are German/Portuguese.

Thanks in advance!

• What is the lightest weight g series camera that can handle these settings with 24p, all I frames? Thanks!

• @jclmedia Theres not any problem with Drewnet Cluster 6. Please detail in more depth the record mode employed, the ISO, ss, etc... explain more.

• So ive been using the Drewnet v6 cluster settings in my hacked gh2 and Im using the 16gb 95mbs sandisk sd card, I randomly get errors saying the writing speed on the card isnt fast enough or somthing, I believe it used to work just fine before with this card, any rec.?

• I found this amazing piece filmed on AN Ver 7 settings.. truly inspirational. Sorry if it has been posted before

• my latest work in my favorite club in berlin

• I came across this 'Sedna' goodness. Nice post work. Eyes wide open.

vimeo.com/59830484

• GH2 with 12-35mm Lens & 7-14mm lens. Using the Sedna Q20 B Series patch.

• hello. still no news for GX1 ?

• hello driftwood

have news for GX1 ?

• Thanks @matt_gh2. It's an amazing camera. I could never achieve quality like that before. Zero noise even in the shadows on low ISO and the ability to use my legacy lenses easily is great too !

• @uninexus Very good - like what you did here. Thanks for posting.

• Canis Majoris Night Matrix using for daytime shooting buy with some low light situations. Made specially for Valentine's Day ! Thanks for the awesome software @Driftwood !

• hey everyone! just wanted to share a trailer for a tv pilot I'm wrapping up.. mostly shot on cluster V6. let me know what you think :) -Armando

• @matt_gh2 interesting...it's about time they turned up da'juice. Hopefully they'll implement being able to file swap at some point as well, like you can with Vimeo.

edit: hmmm, just looked at my "Night Call Round Rock" vid on both sites and not only was the Vimeo version noticeably better and closer to looking like the source file (same one used to upload to both places) the Vimeo version played back without stuttering and buffering, though that's a catch-as-catch-can issue. Still, it's rare that I get buffering on Vimeo and rare that I don't with YT

• @BurnetRhoades Yeah, there's a lot of people getting sync problems on Vimeo, but most people are okay. It may have something to do with what types of files you upload, and other factors, so some people get hit, while others are fine. Didn't realize people had trouble with YouTube sync. For me YouTube is working great, and my image quality is the same. I've done tests in past where Vimeo had better quality, but for whatever reason, the last month when I tried YouTube because my sync issues on Vimeo, I'm seeing video quality same as Vimeo. Might just be type of stuff I shoot.

• Never heard of sync issues with Vimeo. I see them all the time on YouTube. Possibly a browser issue, or choice of HTML5 versus Flash player?

I host dual pages and, starting with the same source file, Vimeo quality beats YouTube hands down. They could certainly change that but quality isn't job one there, it's ubiquity.

• Thank's Matt original sound was recorded with a H2 zoom , but something got wrong , fortunately built in mic works very nice so I use this ,

On My computer no sync issue ? anyway , is a nice patch ! Thx Driftwood

• Wow - would've never guessed you had applied an extreme grade to footage. Cool. Music sounds pretty good for using camera's own mic. Sync looks a bit off - but Vimeo is probably to blame. (I switched to YouTube because of sync issues). Yeah, Intravenus holds up nice when grading.

• @matt_gh2 thx

AN Intravenus 24H ! very nice for post processing , original files were dark and totally orange

• @valpopando Was that Apoc Now Boom or Apoc Now Intravenus? Thanks for posting.

• @DFuture Sweet! Love it man.